05 fuel pump install(crack head specialty)

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
What’s going on yall I’ll cut to the chase. I’m working on a project car of a family member she brings it over says bought this gonna do a restoration on this mustang and well it need fuel pump replaced. The previous owner says they put a new pump in it but wasn’t big enough so I thought that was lil fishy but whatever probably a cheapo that was crap well this is what I’m dealing with any clue what all I’m gonna need this simple fuel pump job has turned into a nightmare. I plan on going to junk yrd nxt month to gather parts

IMG_8687.jpeg

IMG_8688.jpeg

IMG_8689.jpeg

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
That’s what I said soon as I took the boot off I’m like damn I’m gonna make bank on this job but shit

MrBhp

Reaction score
So did they totally rape the fuel pump hat?

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
I have no idea wtf they have done the whole car is pos there’s no saving it but I’ve finally talked her into buying a roller and dropping the motor/trans into but for the time being I told her I would get it up to running par

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
Here’s an idea what body looks like. Like I said for now she wants me to get it running good and then go on the hunt for a straight roller to drop her motor/tranny n so she can have the dream car she wants

IMG_8692.jpeg

IMG_8697.jpeg

IMG_8696.jpeg

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
Set it on fire...then collect on the insurance. You might even get $300.00
As much as I agree let’s claim it on insurance or my personal op turn it into a derby car I am making money on this deal as much as it’s a waist of time. Its her money if she wants this pos that bad I’ll make it worth my while

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
By the time it’s said and done she could just went and bought a brand new mustang lol but again not my money not my problem

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
So does anybody got any idea wat the hard line going to top of fuel pump is called and the pig tail for the pump called so we can get it ordered

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Wow, what a hack job! That is soooo dangerous! Proper fuel system operaition runs high pressure and those connections and hose are not going to last a long time.
Now back to helping:
- is the hard line there that runs to the fuel filter, is the fuel filter there and the line that runs to the front? With a 'garden hose fuel system' there, it's hard to know what all is really missing. Let's get you the right parts for the job. You can possibly buy used from here (classifieds), or from online. I think I have one of the lines,
- for fuel pump, a proper fuel pump hat with pump (with fuel level float) and connector is the way to go, and yeah you need the hard line that snaps onto the hat. Also need a new green o-ring for the hat. The locking ring looks ok.
- for wiring, it's a 4 pin connector; I don't have the part number, but might have a used connector with wiring pigtails on it.

If you really want to fix the fuel system properly, let's do it right :)

Truckerjacob

Reaction score
Wow, what a hack job! That is soooo dangerous! Proper fuel system operaition runs high pressure and those connections and hose are not going to last a long time.
Now back to helping:
- is the hard line there that runs to the fuel filter, is the fuel filter there and the line that runs to the front? With a 'garden hose fuel system' there, it's hard to know what all is really missing. Let's get you the right parts for the job. You can possibly buy used from here (classifieds), or from online. I think I have one of the lines,
- for fuel pump, a proper fuel pump hat with pump (with fuel level float) and connector is the way to go, and yeah you need the hard line that snaps onto the hat. Also need a new green o-ring for the hat. The locking ring looks ok.
- for wiring, it's a 4 pin connector; I don't have the part number, but might have a used connector with wiring pigtails on it.

If you really want to fix the fuel system properly, let's do it right :)
When I get off the truck Friday I’ll go and look I found a repair kit off Amazon that came with the quick connectors but yeah I’ll def let u know Ik it’s a freaking nightmare

john knox

Reaction score
I have no idea what she was thinking wat so ever maybe the mid-life crisis but what’s done is done. Any idea if I can get the parts for the fuel pump online or should I just go to the local pick and pull and get em that way?
i would start out with pick&pull.

DieHarder

Reaction score
My god man. I don't want to be the negative bastard in the group but "Dream car"? That thing should be condemned. No matter what you do to it, other problems are going to continually crop up (leaks, rust, other hidden problems). For Pete's sake the only things holding it together are bondo and window sealant. Just tell her you couldn't fix it and have her sell it and get something reliable. Understand whatever she gets may not be a Mustang but that car (if you can call it that) is a certifiable nightmare.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back