1964-2013 Mustang (All) Courtesy Door Light Image - Mustang Logo

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I need help, I received my door lights and they are very cool but I can't figure out where to hook up the wires in my 2007 GT. I have been looking through the wiring diagrams and think I would hook the ground to the "Door Ajar Switch" but I can't figure out where in the door to hook the positive lead. Will I have to run a wire to the dome light to get power?

Your in luck, I just did my drivers door last night and here is a PDF I just made also.

If you have any question call me.

Ed

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Still no pics of final installation. Looks cool but what does it look like finished in the day time? I did see the working pics of them at night but would like to see more pics. No response from the first time I asked

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
Still no pics of final installation. Looks cool but what does it look like finished in the day time? I did see the working pics of them at night but would like to see more pics. No response from the first time I asked
he had the video, that sorta showed it in the light

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score

I would like a clear pic of the install.. not the product display on the floor. That I get. I just am not sure how it actually looks installed ON the car. The light it displays is great, but again.. not what I want to see. There could be more/better info IMO. Granted they probably look just fine or someone would have complained about it, but... still want to see it

Last edited:

MSgt46270

Reaction score

I need to work on my installation. The light isn't bright enough and I think it's because where I have it connected, I think it needs more voltage/watts.

Are these LED. And if not can we get them in LED

These are LEDs

Working on a better video once I make some corrections.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Okay, done with my corrections for the installation. Connecting to the wires in the door for power won't work good. The light is too dim and the connection will need go to the dome light wires. You don't have to remove the dome light housing at all. The wires go down the right pillar and you want to connect the red wire from the light to the "Black/Light Blue" wire for power, them connect the black wire from the light to the light green/yellow wire. This way provides enough power to the light to make the logo bright and stand out. Plus when your dome lights go off so will the light for the logo.

It got too dark to take a good video and the one I have doesn't show the car very good, but the logo shows up great.

Picture taken with flash. Show's how bright the logo is connected to the dome light wires.
Logo3.jpg

Picture without flash
Logo1.jpg

logo1an.jpg

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Stupid question
Can someone that's installed these let me know how they look during the day

You have to remember these are not for daylight. But here is a video I made in my garage during the day. The brighter the day light is the less it shows up. But these really stand out at night.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Heck, your interior cabin lights and mycolor lights in the foot wells don't show up during the day either. Even your headlights don't show up well in daylight. I don't see how this can be a factor.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
The vid helped thanks

Most all of the car shows I go to are during the day
This will be neat for cruze nites but that's about it
I am still thinking about it
Thanks again

MSgt46270

Reaction score
The vid helped thanks

Most all of the car shows I go to are during the day
This will be neat for cruze nites but that's about it
I am still thinking about it
Thanks again

It would be nice to be able to see it during the day. One member plans to put one in front and rear of the car. It will show up better if it's in the shade under the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back