2005-2009 E-Brake or Parking Brake boot install?

Lannyl81

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the OEM rubber grommet (for lack of a better description) that the E- parking brake lever goes through? The rubber is all torn-up, most of it missing and I see these matching synthetic leather with red sticking shift and e-brake boots for the 05-09 Mustangs on ebay.

Would be a nice look....but no idea how the parking brake boot would go on since there is no OEM one like the shift boot.

Anyone???

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Redline used to make one, not sure if they do anymore. People liked them as I recall and they had matching shifter boots.

Did you want to be the guinea pig? If the seller accepts returns you have nothing to lose but time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the redline one. The glue on the velcro included has a tendency to come off in the heat so I used a bit of weatherstrip adhesive and it works a lot better.

Lannyl81

Reaction score
Well...I did purchase a shift & parking brake boot set off of ebay. Have pretty good success with the shift boot, going to be a bit tight/difficult getting the boot around the frame...but I think I will be able to.
Now the parking brake boot is a completely different story. Have not come-up with a
good method yet of attaching the boot...still working on it.

Lannyl81

Reaction score
Well....I managed to get both boots installed. The shift boot was far more difficult than I expected due to how the cheap boot I got was cut. Required several modifications to get it to fit, so I do not recommend going cheap.
The shift boot turned-out to be very easy, but is really too large and is a sloppy fit.

I will post some pictures later today.

Lannyl81

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the two boots installed. Again, do not recommend these at all.

IMG_0995[1].JPG

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back