2011 in 10s

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I too would like to know the race weight and rwhp. That car had to be down near 3000lbs, at least. If its truly just bolt ons and tune, then it means its probably just north of 400rwhp. That should lead you to some guesses as to what weight.

edit: kinda pisses me off that some shops can't at least give a bit more info than "weight reduction and aggressive tune". Like what all was stripped off the car? Obviously the exhaust, and probably the entire interior. I agree with Pete, a stripped out car running the time is not that impressive. That does not really demonstrate how good the motor is.

3000lbs? I don't think it's that low, but I could be wrong. I know they have taken at least 200lbs out of the car though. I'm not very surprised the 5.0 ran 10.9's with about 430rwhp(estimated, idk what power they had during that run) since Ron Leonard did it in his 421rwhp 5.4 3v that weighed over 3700lbs w/ driver.

P.S.- If it weren't for the upcoming magazine article featuring Evo's car, they probably would have released all of the details by now. :rant:

TexStang

Reaction score
Its a 5.4 will make more tq then the 5.0 which will help it move that 3700 lbs.

Pete
exactly what I was gonna say.
It also did it at 12x mph in an auto. What other 3v cars do you see running 12x in an auto? What do they dyno? That 5.4 has a different powerband that helps move that weight

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Congrats on the 10's N/A. Wether it had weight out or not at this point the car is so new there aren't many parts out if any. If the only way to make a pass legit is to leave it in "street form" then what is that? It's to each his own. If you want to be all serious do you need to see one run 10's with stock wheels and tires? Are you allowed to run slicks and lightwheels? Nope that's weight reduction.

I'm all about the "street" deal but some weight reduction isn't a big deal. My 03 Cobra ran the first stock blower 10 second pass back in early 2003 and it was on stock wheels w/drag radials and full weight / kind of. I took off the front sway bar and removed the spare tire. But I guess that wasn't "street trim" It took like 5 years for someone else to do it with light wheels and a better tire but they still did it. My same Cobra went 9.94 with the same full interior and suspension set up as that with the Kenne Bell 2.8H and stock 6speed. That was fully streetable. It depends on what your looking to do, Hey Pete how come your street car has a built 4R70w? Some might say thats not as streetable..... ;)

What happened to the good old days when we use to go to the track with our slicks in the back seat and pulled the stuff out to save some weight? Everyone is so spoiled now with the ET Streets and drag radials lol

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 10's N/A. Wether it had weight out or not at this point the car is so new there aren't many parts out if any. If the only way to make a pass legit is to leave it in "street form" then what is that? It's to each his own. If you want to be all serious do you need to see one run 10's with stock wheels and tires? Are you allowed to run slicks and lightwheels? Nope that's weight reduction.

I'm all about the "street" deal but some weight reduction isn't a big deal. My 03 Cobra ran the first stock blower 10 second pass back in early 2003 and it was on stock wheels w/drag radials and full weight / kind of. I took off the front sway bar and removed the spare tire. But I guess that wasn't "street trim" It took like 5 years for someone else to do it with light wheels and a better tire but they still did it. My same Cobra went 9.94 with the same full interior and suspension set up as that with the Kenne Bell 2.8H and stock 6speed. That was fully streetable. It depends on what your looking to do, Hey Pete how come your street car has a built 4R70w? Some might say thats not as streetable..... ;)

What happened to the good old days when we use to go to the track with our slicks in the back seat and pulled the stuff out to save some weight? Everyone is so spoiled now with the ET Streets and drag radials lol

Tommy your missing my point , beside whoever thinks that a 4r70w with a automatic valve body and a lock up converter with overdrive isnt streetable is basically an idiot , 99 to 04 have the same transmission .
Find Me a 5R55S that can hold 1000 hp and I would have gladly left it in . I went with the 4R70W b/c I wanted a Automatic Valve body with lock up and overdrive.

If you ran 10s on your Cobra with only the sway bar removed to help transfer weight and the spare tire why would you say its not "Street Trim", but You ran fast still with the interior in it , and thats my point .

So whats the big deal up about being 1st to 11s 10s 9s whatever.
Your reputation is based on the quality of your work not b/c you were 1st to hit a number that means nothing .

We didn't start getting any 2011s down here in Florida until about two weeks ago they started popping up .
BBR hasn't been able to get to the track to make any passes with there car b/c its been raining like crazy and humid as hell .

I bet you if I would have gone and bought a 2011 and gone to the track on bottle I would have gone 10s also, doesn't take much to get a 370 rwhp car throw a 150 shot and go 10s . Hey but thats Me I wouldn't waste my time on a 100 shot .

Im very impressed with how the motor is performing so early on with minimal tuning b/c of software availability .

What I would rather see is how fast the car will go with the interior still in the car . Change your wheels and tires like anybody else will do, and go to the track and run the car. Leave the interior in it like you bought the damn car . We all know the lighter the car the faster she will go , but Im sure people want to see how she will run full weight .
Listen I go to the track, and I leave the spare tire in the back , other people take it out .

From what I understand Evo has 3.73 gears and you guys went with 4.56 , If both cars were run full weight like it came from the dealer now we can see what the gearing difference will do.

Im sure tweeking the suspension at full weight you guys can get it in the 11.30s

Pete

Last edited:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Tommy your missing my point , beside whoever thinks that a 4r70w with a automatic valve body and a lock up converter with overdrive isnt streetable is basically an idiot , 99 to 04 have the same transmission .
I agree but some might not because it didn't have that option from the factory ;)

If you ran 10s on your Cobra with only the sway bar removed to help transfer weight and the spare tire why would you say its not "Street Trim", sorry but thats an ignorant response. Maybe Im reading into your response wrong , but You ran fast still with the interior in it , and thats my point .
There is no if, it did :) way before any cool things like Heat exchangers or ice boxes or a bunch of things. LOL and yes I use to here from the peanut gallery that the car wasn't full weight because of those mods, like I said to each his own. I had the interior in yes but I was also working with a lot more parts, long tubes/ off road exhaust / custom tuning / boost options, throttle body. A lot of parts that don't exist for the 2011 yet.

So whats the big deal up about being 1st to 11s 10s 9s whatever.
Your reputation is based on the quality of your work not b/c you were 1st to hit a number that means nothing .
If you ain't first your last " Ricky Bobby " That's all.

We didn't start getting any 2011s down here in Florida until about two weeks ago they started popping up .
BBR hasn't been able to get to the track to make any passes with there car b/c its been raining like crazy and humid as hell .
Tracks do rent out on any day and it's easy, it only takes 1 day.

I bet you if I would have gone and bought a 2011 and gone to the track on bottle I would have gone 10s also, doesn't take much to get a 370 rwhp car throw a 150 shot and go 10s . Hey but thats Me I wouldn't waste my time on a 100 shot .
I'm willing to bet a 150shot stock won't do it. Ain't gonna happen.

What I would rather see is how fast the car will go with the interior still in the car . Change your wheels and tires like anybody else will do, and go to the track and run the car. Leave the interior in it like you bought the damn car . We all know the lighter the car the faster she will go , but Im sure people want to see how she will run full weight .
Listen I go to the track, and I leave the spare tire in the back , other people take it out .
Give it time and some parts to hit the street and it will be no big deal to run the number with weight, it will be harder none the less but it can happen. Also most guys won't get near it just because of driving.

From what I understand Evo has 3.73 gears and you guys went with 4.56 , If both cars were run full weight like it came from the dealer now we can see what the gearing difference will do.
Gears work no matter what it's proven. The tuning made up for the gears in EVO's case.

Im sure tweeking the suspension at full weight you guys can get it in the 11.30s

Pete

I'm willing to bet with Tuning we can get it in the 10's at full weight but we don't have that luxury yet

TexStang

Reaction score
I'm ok with some weight reduction like removing the swaybar and stuff. But removing the entire interior and the entire exhaust? Thats a little extreme.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Hell last time before I went to the track I pulled the spare, trunk carpet, rear seat, front sway bar, and pulled the passenger seat at the track. It's called getting the best et possible without really changing the car. Everything I removed can be put back on in an hour or so. It could mean the difference between a 11.0 and a 10.9. That's a HUGE difference to most, and NOTHING about the car was changed. As a matter of fact I was awarded a First Place trophy in the MCA National Show in Mustang, OK this weekend. Everything went back in place just as it was intended.

If they were putting in lexan windows and carbon fiber body panels then let's all get excited about "weight reduction", but if they did the same thing any of us could do in our driveway to extract maximum et then KUDOS!!! That's how it's done!

Last edited:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Hell last time before I went to the track I pulled the spare, trunk carpet, rear seat, front sway bar, and pulled the passenger seat at the track. It's called getting the best et possible without really changing the car. Everything I removed can be put back on in an hour or so. It could mean the difference between a 11.0 and a 10.9. That's a HUGE difference to most, and NOTHING about the car was changed. As a matter of fact I was awarded a First Place trophy in the MCA National Show in Mustang, OK this weekend. Everything went back in place just as it was intended.

If they were putting in lexan windows and carbon fiber body panels then let's all get excited about "weight reduction", but if they did the same thing any of us could do in our driveway to extract maximum et than KUDOS!!! That's how it's done!

Yeap. Free ET. Save the hard stuff that isn't as accessable for later.

mike castaldo

forum member
Reaction score
street car, race car, don't matter.. point is he's the first.. and not the last.. if you don't pride yourself on being first.. then why do what thay do.. 1'st place is were we all wont to be.... keep up the great work.. i am sure with time.. JPC well have more tricks to be had with 2011.. till then.. great job..

mike castaldo

forum member
Reaction score
the seat is heavy 45 lbs.. well worth the take out.. but were you take out a seat 2 seats a muffler a hood.. so forward and so.. when you race a car the point is to be first.. and win.. if that means you have to remove useless items so be it.. yall have to ask yourself.. do i want to win.. do i want to lose.. well what i am doing make that differents.. play a game the way you want to play it. if it helps you win.. and get in the winner circle.. as long as you stay within rules.. who cares how its done as long as its get her done.... just my 2 cents..

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I think everyone's question is: What mods will it take to run X time without expensive mods like bogarts/slicks(which cost close to 2500 total)?

I fully applaud JPC and Evolution's outstanding times, I just think that the average driver who doesn't want to go all out with their car would like to see you guys run X time with mods that they would be more able to afford and/or inclined to purchase.

JMO though...

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
skip to 1m33s

If you aint first, you last baby!

BubbaRATM

bottle fed baby
Reaction score
the seat is heavy 45 lbs.. well worth the take out.. but were you take out a seat 2 seats a muffler a hood.. so forward and so.. when you race a car the point is to be first.. and win.. if that means you have to remove useless items so be it.. yall have to ask yourself.. do i want to win.. do i want to lose.. well what i am doing make that differents.. play a game the way you want to play it. if it helps you win.. and get in the winner circle.. as long as you stay within rules.. who cares how its done as long as its get her done.... just my 2 cents..

most people on here bracket race so first place is based on consistency, not being light. There is a guy that still races a damn maverick that runs 16s but he has been winning the points championship year after year since i was a little kid and watching races. Now if the majority of this site were heads up racers that would be fine but its not. Dont get me wrong i like the fast times as much as anyone else but any company can throw bogardts and slicks and nitrous on a 5.0 and run great times. Show us something that will wow us if you want praise.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I think its cool you guys were the first and then evo n whoever else did it. I honestly think NOTHING should be removed, and run what you got.

I know it aint much, but when my little 3V automatic ran [email protected] on street tires i felt great because i did not have light weight rims/sticky tires, i kept my interior in full.. All i did was mess with tire pressure.

TexStang

Reaction score
We're talking about passenger seat in our case.

yep, I saw the pictures. That is completely fine with me. It looked like evo had really stripped the car to run that time, and its not really indicitive of what can run. Not many people are gonna go out and buy a 5.0 and strip the exhaust and everything they can just to run a time once or twice

congrats to both Evo and JPC tho, I'm about to be out of college and the 5.0 may be my new toy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back