5R55S Solenoid Pack Removal

Chase Rhodes

Reaction score
I attempted to remove the solenoid pack to inspect, clean and possibly replace while servicing the transmission. My 5R55S transmission is throwing a P0775 code. There is absolutely no room to get a socket, open end wrench or flex ratchet wrench on the 10mm bulkhead connector. Is there a special tool that I am no aware to get to the 10mm bolt? I considered dropping the tail of the transmission to possibly providing additional room. If anyone has removed the bulkhead connector while the transmission is installed in the S197, please let me know how they accomplished the task. Thanks in advance for you support.

Laga

Reaction score
I cut down a ratcheting box end wrench from Harbor Freight to fit. You will be working blind and by feel. Still a slow job, but it can be done without dropping trans.

Chase Rhodes

Reaction score
Laga, thanks. After giving up and finishing my servicing the transmission I came up with the same thought. I have a 10mm Harbor Freight ratcheting box that I will cut down. The transmission as of now has not thrown another P0775 code. However, I don't like how it is shifting. I think it is worth the effort to install a reman solenoid pack.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back