6R80 in my 05

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
That is correct. I'm on the list for possible beta testing and they are hoping to get those units out at the end of this month. My understanding is they would be available to everyone by the end of the year if all goes well. I've already got time off planned at the end of October to throw the trans in. I'm beyond ready to get this thing in!!
Thanks Mike

forum member
Reaction score
That is correct. I'm on the list for possible beta testing and they are hoping to get those units out at the end of this month. My understanding is they would be available to everyone by the end of the year if all goes well. I've already got time off planned at the end of October to throw the trans in. I'm beyond ready to get this thing in!!
Thanks Mike

I've been ready too. Unfortunately, I have started acquiring parts for a 4r70w conversion. This has to be the slowest roll-out in the history of the aftermarket parts business.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Fuck me its gonna happen after all

Ummm ... No thanks on the former n' Yes on the latter.

I talked to them a couple months ago and as Mike said, they were testing them and he'd post an update on their FB page .... soon.

I guess two months could be considered sssssoooooonnnnnnn fer' as long as this taking, at least they're gettin'-er'-done.

He also said this was going to be a universal plug-n-play controller, just run power, a TPS and RPM signal to it and run it.

Pricing sounds like it's going to be a few hundred more than the Quick\4 so probably 1500.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ummm ... No thanks on the former n' Yes on the latter.

I talked to them a couple months ago and as Mike said, they were testing them and he'd post an update on their FB page .... soon.

I guess two months could be considered sssssoooooonnnnnnn fer' as long as this taking, at least they're gettin'-er'-done.

He also said this was going to be a universal plug-n-play controller, just run power, a TPS and RPM signal to it and run it.

Pricing sounds like it's going to be a few hundred more than the Quick\4 so probably 1500.

Wonder if it will support select shift button?

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder if it will support select shift button?

From their FB page:

should work with select a shift, but we need to verify with a real world test...all current testing has been done with SN95 and aftermarket shifters...will update you asap

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike

Apparently, they are ready for you:

If you have contacted us to ask about becoming a Beta Tester for Quick 6, please send the following information with subject line "Beta"
Name
Address
Phone
Brief Vehicle Description
Please use the contact form on our site if possible, or direct message here.
***for vehicles with 6R80 transmissions only***
thank you in advance, hope everyone has a great start to their week

I would think beta testing would be over if they want to put this controller out this year. However, they are now asking for test subjects.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
I just finished up the transmission install. I'm using a stock cooler and lines ( would like to change this). I also used a 2011 shifter as I bought all of it as a package. It angles up in the back and is a little longer so some trimming is required. I need to get a bezel as its unfinished as is. Im supposed to get a controller somewhere around the 11th. I'll definitely post some feedback for you guys.
Thanks Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 41

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I just finished up the transmission install. I'm using a stock cooler and lines ( would like to change this). I also used a 2011 shifter as I bought all of it as a package. It angles up in the back and is a little longer so some trimming is required. I need to get a bezel as its unfinished as is. Im supposed to get a controller somewhere around the 11th. I'll definitely post some feedback for you guys.
Thanks Mike
Sweet!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my tickets now for Sema, Will look into this since it's over now with my Level10 built bucket of bolts. Tweaked the tune on the dyno Thursday to 767rwhp went to Great Lakes Dragway Friday morning, First run halfway down the track KABAM!!. So 6R80 vs 4R70W vs TH400, after I get whats up with this in Vegas I'll make the change.

http://www.jpcracing.com/s197-th400-swap-package-stage-3/

http://www.jpcracing.com/jpc-4r70w-swap-package-s197/

If you want overdrive you should also check out the 4L80e setups. Hughes makes a nice one. http://hughesperformance.com/4l80e/

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike

Nice work!! You have to know I have some questions!
-The shifter looks good but why not just use an 05-09 shifter? Aren't the detents the same as the 2011 shifter?
-What driveshaft worked, 2011 or 05-09?
-What flexplate did you use?
-Did the factory cross member line up?
I'm looking forward to hearing how the speedometer and cruise work with Quick 6.
Thanks.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
The 05-09 shifter might work, but I didn't have one and didn't consider it till after I had installed this one. It's definitely worth looking into before you swap it out if that's what you have.

I had a 4R so I just bought a 11-14 driveshaft. I was supposed to get my rearend back Friday but it didn't happen so I don't know how it fits yet but it should be just like the newer cars.

I used the a 5.0 SFI flexplate. You can also use the stock one but you'll need a 8 bolt crank.

I used the factory crossmember from a 11-14 and again it just bolts right in.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Mike

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
How would the 5r (5 gears) work for a 6r (6 gears), does it have extra slack in the 5r shifter?

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
How would the 5r (5 gears) work for a 6r (6 gears), does it have extra slack in the 5r shifter?

It has the same amount of positions as long as the spacing is the same. I've actually seen a 6R swap with the old foxbody shifter. I honestly didn't even think about it until I got the 2011 shifter installed. Even if it didn't work right out of the box you could have made it work with some effort for sure.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a couple shots from underneath. Note the absence of exhaust hangers on the crossmember. I'm going to add something myself since my exhaust is longer than the factory intended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 46

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
One more showing the trans mount

Man....this is really exciting to hear. I hope the Quick6 works out. Under the power I'm putting out right now, I expect my 3650 to explode at any time. I'm really interested in going with a 6R80 auto instead of the T56 Magnum XL route as an upgrade.

Definitely will be watching this thread for updates. Thanks for posting!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back