Bad Sellers

BlazinBoss302

forum member
Reaction score
Knowing you wouldn't put your return address on a package and don't truly give a shit if the buyer gets it would prevent me from buying from you.

I hope this works out, but you can count on not selling anything to me.

And damn would you learn how to add a picture that doesn't jack up everyone's view?

Ditto for me. Who sends out any mail of any type without a return address??

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Why does his I trader still say 100% if someone has an issue with him?

Buyers really need to use the I Trader! :omfg:

IMO the ITrader could be improved if the ratings were on a 1-5 scale with 4 being 'everything went perfect' and 5 being reserved for 'going above and beyond expectations'. I've had several transactions where I didn't feel the other party deserved a 100% approval rating but my issues weren't enough to justify a huge red mark. I've had a few where I simply refused to give them a rating rather than a negative review (one guy shipping me a massive, poorly taped box with 3 garbage bags full of loose styrofoam peanuts was one).

I'd be happy being able to hand out a 3 (average) or 4 rating for most transactions with select people getting a 5.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
IMO the ITrader could be improved if the ratings were on a 1-5 scale with 4 being 'everything went perfect' and 5 being reserved for 'going above and beyond expectations'. I've had several transactions where I didn't feel the other party deserved a 100% approval rating but my issues weren't enough to justify a huge red mark. I've had a few where I simply refused to give them a rating rather than a negative review (one guy shipping me a massive, poorly taped box with 3 garbage bags full of loose styrofoam peanuts was one).

I'd be happy being able to hand out a 3 (average) or 4 rating for most transactions with select people getting a 5.

There is the comment area that is visible to all though. You could leave positive or negative feedback but list your issues. Just a suggestion.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't left neutral or negative feedback yet as the transaction is still pending. I haven't given up quite yet on getting my shit.

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I bought an expensive PI tripple disc converter from a member on here. USPS lost it.. like not one person could tell where the hell it was. It never showed a departure scan leaving his home town.

I agreed to wait a couple weeks to see if anything popped up.

IIRC USPS requires a 30 day wait period to file in their Atlanta office. Anyway, shipper did NOT purchase insurance on a $700 part.

Two weeks go by.. naaaaada. Nothing no beans.

Seller quickly and promptly refunds my cash without batting an eye. Was not his fault as all the info was there. I was worried about him not insuring it for the few extra bucks.. seems that is the only time shit happens. And his first problem shipping, naturally has to be an expensive item.

I buy a new converter. New converter shows up.

Week or so later (like over a month).. His damn converter shows up at my door. The seller was pretty happy about it. Just took a bunch of time and effort on both parts.

I bet I made a dozen special trips to the P.O. just to see what happened.. AFTER he refunded my money. Felt bad for the guy and glad it all worked out.

I look at this forum like it is a bunch of friends that look out for each other. If I want issues I go to Craigslist..

My bet is since the tracking number origin was the sellers P.O. it will find it's way back there eventually. Easy to bet with other peoples money tho..

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I bought an expensive PI tripple disc converter from a member on here. USPS lost it.. like not one person could tell where the hell it was. It never showed a departure scan leaving his home town.

I agreed to wait a couple weeks to see if anything popped up.

IIRC USPS requires a 30 day wait period to file in their Atlanta office. Anyway, shipper did NOT purchase insurance on a $700 part.

Two weeks go by.. naaaaada. Nothing no beans.

Seller quickly and promptly refunds my cash without batting an eye. Was not his fault as all the info was there. I was worried about him not insuring it for the few extra bucks.. seems that is the only time shit happens. And his first problem shipping, naturally has to be an expensive item.

I buy a new converter. New converter shows up.

Week or so later (like over a month).. His damn converter shows up at my door. The seller was pretty happy about it. Just took a bunch of time and effort on both parts.

I bet I made a dozen special trips to the P.O. just to see what happened.. AFTER he refunded my money. Felt bad for the guy and glad it all worked out.

I look at this forum like it is a bunch of friends that look out for each other. If I want issues I go to Craigslist..

My bet is since the tracking number origin was the sellers P.O. it will find it's way back there eventually. Easy to bet with other peoples money tho..

Might find itself back at the PO but that is it. Remember it was shipped with no return address. So if the PO employees don't follow up it is a dead item.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
I read the initial PM's and the seller asked me to gift the $ which I never ask of anybody, good thing I said no.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I read the initial PM's and the seller asked me to gift the $ which I never ask of anybody, good thing I said no.

Yeah, that's usually a red flag for me right there. I never gift money and never ask others to. If you can afford what you are buying, you can afford to tack on 3% fees to cover your ass. Smart move saying no.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
It's 50/50 on people asking for you to gift it. I've had zero bad seller issues. When somebody asks me to gift it and I don't know them to have a great rep, I just add the 3% and send it, so that I have the buyer protection. I don't see them asking me to gift it as a red flag... I just see it as somebody trying to get every penny they asked for.

My only bad experience was UPS losing a drive shaft. The seller didn't insure the package. That was his choice and his loss. He refunded my money and accepted the loss. If the buyer doesn't get the package, it's on the seller. It's not a completed deal until the package in in the buyer's hand. Just my 2 cents.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I feel like asking the buyer to "gift" money through PayPal would be the same as the buyer asking the seller to send the item in good faith and I'll pay you when it arrives is what you say it is.

Sent from iPhone

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
It's 50/50 on people asking for you to gift it. I've had zero bad seller issues. When somebody asks me to gift it and I don't know them to have a great rep, I just add the 3% and send it, so that I have the buyer protection. I don't see them asking me to gift it as a red flag... I just see it as somebody trying to get every penny they asked for.

My only bad experience was UPS losing a drive shaft. The seller didn't insure the package. That was his choice and his loss. He refunded my money and accepted the loss. If the buyer doesn't get the package, it's on the seller. It's not a completed deal until the package in in the buyer's hand. Just my 2 cents.

I see your point there. I should qualify my post by stating that I would never expect the seller to absorb the paypal fees. I meant that I would always say $XXX + 3% fees.

I feel like asking the buyer to "gift" money through PayPal would be the same as the buyer asking the seller to send the item in good faith and I'll pay you when it arrives is what you say it is.

Sent from iPhone

Agreed. Seems fishy to specifically request to send it as a gift. That is just telling the buyer that he is going to have to trust a total stranger b/c if something goes wrong, the buyer's money can not be recovered.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score

Agree. Box getting there is on seller. I gamble if I choose not to insure. That protects me. If you buy anything online you expect it to show up or it is on the seller.

People make mistakes. Labels etc. Not adding a return is foolish and sane gamble the seller takes. . Just like not insuring the package

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back