Building the dream!

CobraQueen

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My name is Joanne. I am a 53-year-old, mother of two petrol-head with a love for fast, cool looking cars. My husband is into restoring old British classic motorcars, but I prefer something with a little more power . So, for my 50th Birthday present my husband promised to help me build a Factory Five Mk4 AC Cobra replica! You may be wondering at this point why I am a member of the Mustang Forum and posting my story on here! The reason is simple, I want the AC Cobra replica to be a reliable daily drive, not just a track day or Sunday drive, so the plan is to use a Mustang 5.0L Coyote engine/transmission as the power/drive unit for this kit as opposed to a more traditional engine choice. The purists are going to hate me for this, but I really want something that is going to be both fun to drive and easier to maintain. This is going to be my blog to share my story of how I plan to go from one of these …

1720098423424.jpeg

To one of these….

1720098423427.jpeg
Mustang lovers do not be alarmed, I plan to use find a crashed (insurance right-off) as the donor vehicle and then do a full strip down to recover the parts needed for the kit. No (repairable) mustang will be harmed in this process . My next step will be to find a donor vehicle, so I will keep you all posted on my progress…

In the meantime, if you have any questions or comments regarding this project then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards
Joanne

JC SSP

Reaction score
I love the Cobra kits. They are super fun. Enjoy and keep us posted on the progress.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Cool! No room for purists here. A cobra replica is a new car as far as I'm concerned. And it's your money/journey. Enjoy!

Back