Comp 127650

Thatblack03

Reaction score
Who here runs or has run the 127650s? I keep reading about broken rockers, springs, and chewed up lobes. I want a super aggressive chop at idle and these are supposedly the top dog, just wondering why people have so much trouble with them.

If you've used these cams with success, what's the secret?

Sounds for those wondering....

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well it's pretty simple. Higher lift along with maybe steeper opening and closing of valves causes more strain on parts. These parts were not necessarily designed for the added abuse. Any modification that adds power puts more stress on parts. Shit breaks.

MrBhp

Reaction score
The mutha thumprs have a great sound. Really choppy. Even though on paper they should be awful at making power, they have actually done really well at making power across a wide rpm range. As far as breakage goes, the fact is we are installing new parts on an old engine. The more stuff you can upgrade, the fewer stock parts you have left to break. Keep in mind as well that what may look like a lot of breakage, is a small overall percentage that have experienced problems. Take out the failures that were caused by poor workmanship and you have a much better outlook. And then take out the failures that were driver error, looks even better.

whitmanink

Reaction score
i have the mutha thumpers,(loc outs,,,cmcd, required ), just put them in about 1 month ago.,
my findings>?
* lito tuned,,

* with stock (3.55) gears it dont really like at city driving,, stop\go\stop \go (feathering of the clutch to get going is required)

* the idle makes EVERYONE look,, i have straight pipes but getting some axle backs cuz now its too loud lol.

* the motor is a dog from 1000rpm till about 3,000 rpm,, (hence the gear change needed) but from about 3800 till 6500 she goes and wants to keep going,, (70mph to 130 can come quick )

the only real problem im having is always needing to refuel lol

when i did the cams, i redid the timing , roller follower's ,oil pump, water pump, phasers ,ect ect
because they should be ., new cams should have new parts all the way around unless your block has less than 30k on it..

unless you will be doing springs and all head work,, id leave them cams you want for another time,,, mutha thumpers is where its at imo,,

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back