Door ajar light and window.

Bigeastgi43

Reaction score
My car was in an accident and I had to replace the passenger door. But now the "passenger door ajar" light won't turn off. I purchased a brand new door jam switch (and even used my old one), but it still does the same thing. Also the passenger window wont roll up/down. But the strange part is when I close the door, the window moves up slightly like should. Just doesn't make sense. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

JimC

Reaction score
My guess is that the wiring for the door isn't connected properly. The window moving for entry and exit says it is getting power to the motor, but it sounds like the window switch isn't getting power and door jamb switch isn't. Maybe a nicked wire in the repair?

Bigeastgi43

Reaction score
My guess is that the wiring for the door isn't connected properly. The window moving for entry and exit says it is getting power to the motor, but it sounds like the window switch isn't getting power and door jamb switch isn't. Maybe a nicked wire in the repair?
Ok I'll definitely check. But doesn't the door jam switch also make the window move for entry and exit? So that would mean it's getting power right?

JimC

Reaction score
That part I'm not sure of - it makes sense that the door switch sends a signal for the window drop/raise but maybe a different sensor is involved.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back