Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that buys the marketing BS... :cheers:

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
that buys the marketing BS... :cheers:

I'm not buying them because of their marketing or because I think I will get more power or MPG out of them, I'm buying them because I didn't want to spend over 10 bucks a plug on the other options available.

weather man

Persistence Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They ran OK in my sled, let us know good or bad, how it goes.

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run them if they were free.

Sub'd, I wanna see how this turns out. I hope they work for ya, but I'm skeptical.

Are they really that bad? Have there been a lot of failures with these or something? Just trying to be as educated as possible because if they really are that big of a gamble then maybe I will go another direction.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Back in the '90s when I was tinkering on MPFI Turbo cars with distributors, you could get meaningful gains by installing a better coil, MSD box, and spark plugs. With modern distributor-less/coil-on-plug ignition systems, though, there aren't as many gains to be had. Furthermore, they're so optimized from the factory that screwing with aftermarket plugs or coils often provides less performance or poor running.

The most I'd ever do is install "colder" plugs from Ford Racing for boosted or nitrous applications.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Plugs are probably one of the most important components for a good running car. They often get overlooked or taken for granted. Buy the best you can when it comes to plugs. Skimping out on plugs is like buying cheap tires, you'll get nowhere real quick. I tend to like a more conventional electrode set up and run Brisk. Though I am waiting to hear about the MSD spark plugs but they haven't been out long enough yet.

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
**Update** Decided to go the oem motorcraft route with the plugs for peace of mind, and especially after hearing everyones opinions here on the e3's. I ended up exchanging those e3's I bought at advance auto for 10 bucks each and got the motorcraft's for 13 each. So that online buy ended up doubling my money on those plugs lol. Now just waiting on the lisle tool rental from taxman on here so I can swap them!

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure you use a quality decarbonizer down in those plug wells. I like Deep Creep after I have cracked the plug loose and let it sit overnight. On the three engines (an 05, 4.6L, 07 4.6L and a 5.4L) I have used it on I have yet to break a plug. I usually mix in a little Berryman with the deep creep and fill to the porcelain. Next morning they come out with no problem. BTW the 2005 4.6 in my mustang had over a 115K miles on the original plugs and they came out without a problem.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back