How to stop car from "bottoming out"

jimpickens

Reaction score
I have the BMR Xtreme anti-roll bar kit and it works great on the track, however, driving down the street any bump will make my rear end bottom out for lack of a better word. I have the Strange single adjustable rear shocks turned to about half on the extension setting. What do i need to adjust to stop the bottoming out from happening. I know its not really hurting the car but it hurts my soul every time I hear it. Thanks!

60889804_1286204761540498_737793948872867840_n.jpg

MrBhp

Reaction score
Vorshlag has a perch that moves the spring in board. It's adjustable. Also what do your snubbers look like? Do you have the short ones?

Autokyrios

Reaction score
How bad is it squating when you launch? Sounds like you have the wrong springs if it's bottoming out in just normal driving. Drag shocks can be a b*tch on the street, too. With a drag-focused setup, if you're kissing the jounces that's the way it is. If you're trying to force them through your chassis you're way too soft in the back IMO (...no...NO...Get yer head out of the gutter...Soft suspension, not...oh whatever...)

07 Boss

Reaction score
The car shouldn't squat during a launch. You should be extending the rear suspension on a good launch, pushing the tires into the ground. When your car squats it unweights the tires.

And like I said earlier, your supposed to unhook the bar on the street. It's not made for the normal wear and tear of street driving. It also makes for an uncomfortable ride and rather sudden what I call snap oversteer moments.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back