engine heat

clane34

Reaction score
Hi all,

new to this forum. i have an 06 mustang GT manual. i notice when i drive that the stick gets hot and i feel the heat pouring out of the center console. I had a Sn95 prior and that engine was always hot also. not sure if this is common with the 4.6s and they are just a hot enigine? or should be concerned? all operating temps are fine. it does have a hurst short throw. any feedback is helpful!

GriffX

Reaction score
Is it the 2007 model year with the metal shifter knob? That gets really hot, seems to be normal.

Not sure if that is the engine or the exhaust which is right below with no heat shield.

bambam 06

Reaction score

ZircoFlex III GOLD

,Place it around the transmission tunnel/right under the shifter. Cut a hole around the shifter so it will fit and you are good to go.

GriffX

Reaction score

ZircoFlex III GOLD

,Place it around the transmission tunnel/right under the shifter. Cut a hole around the shifter so it will fit and you are good to go.
The price is ridiculous, a normal aluminium heat shield is enough.

I installed a MGW shifter and the heat problem was gone too

Autokyrios

Reaction score
Warm, yes, hot? Not really. Unless you have aftermarket stuff. It wasn't until I added things that make heat that I even noticed. You can buy shielding but just make sure you get something quality. The cheap stuff seems great at first but it almost always falls apart with weather and time and if you added it in the tunnel you'll find new ways to curse. I recommend adding heat and sound shielding INSIDE the car under the carpet. Takes more work as you have to pull back the carpet, but IMHO it's a cleaner solution.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back