FAST/CompCams intake coming...

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Saw in the current issue of MM&FF a new intake coming out soon for us, they claim 30-40hp. No idea on price or if that horsepower is at the rear wheels.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its been coming out for a long time lol.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw in the current issue of MM&FF a new intake coming out soon for us, they claim 30-40hp. No idea on price or if that horsepower is at the rear wheels.
Is this the "new-new" one? Or a stale article? Its been "coming" for a while...

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This post was on the "unmentionable other site" a while ago. Probably about $1000.....and I want one for sure...w/o the CMCV's.

That and ARH w/X-pipe and cats, and we should be close to 400 flywheel hp NA.

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
If anyone thinks they can get 40 Hp out of an intake only, they are dreaming....A little math...

Lack of CMC baffles = 10 HP
Good Tune = 20 Hp (or more)
$1,000 intake = 10 Hp

There, now you have your 40 Hp......or you could save $500 and settle for the 30 Hp...and buy yourself a set of D/R's or even a N2O kit.....

I'm guessing, but I'd say that the FAST instake is nothing more than a stock intake with longer runners to make up for the CMC plates being missing and gasket matched ports....Whoopee!!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If anyone thinks they can get 40 Hp out of an intake only, they are dreaming....A little math...
But, but, but... Larry... It says "FAST" right there in the name?:beerdrink::bs:

In the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons:
"most over-hyped part EVER"

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bummer, I was duped:bs: into thinking I could get 400 fwhp NA with bolt-ons only......:crapthread:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Bummer, I was duped:bs: into thinking I could get 400 fwhp NA with bolt-ons only......:crapthread:

If you're shooting for 400 FRONT wheel horse-power, you may be starting with the wrong car... Try a Honda Civic...

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FW = Flywheel.

Look at the "what does it mean?" thread. ;-)

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you're shooting for 400 FRONT wheel horse-power, you may be starting with the wrong car... Try a Honda Civic...

ROFLMAO! :roflmao: That's pretty funny!

I am fundamentally opposed to a fwd car...from a handling perspective. I was differentiating my horsepower objective from the rwhp, as in power put down at the rea wheels, which is ~15% less than the flywheel hp.....which is what you read about in magazines and car brochure specs.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
You and me both, brother... and thank you for catching the "wink" smiley on my post and taking it the way it was intended... For the record, I still think "FHP" makes more sense for "flywheel horse power" since "flywheel" is one word, just as RW for "rear wheel" is sensible for a two-word acronym...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You and me both, brother... and thank you for catching the "wink" smiley on my post and taking it the way it was intended... For the record, I still think "FHP" makes more sense for "flywheel horse power" since "flywheel" is one word, just as RW for "rear wheel" is sensible for a two-word acronym...
Yeah, but FHP is "Florida Highway Patrol" for civilian mustangs, that's a bad word...

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

What wink? :trout:

Anyway, I think a new manifold is a big waste of money. Ford clearly spent some time developing this one, and if you notice, most of the aftermarket intakes have the same design. I don't know what FAST could have done to improve upon it...but I'm thinking it's not worth the money.

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
Which is probably why it's not out yet. 40+ hp sounds great and is a good marketing attention getter. Delivering is another thing....

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that this intake will be out about the same time I find the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow.

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
You'll need that Pot O' Gold to pay for it....but, if it's any consolation, we'll all laugh at you for wasting your money!!!!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, I don't need that gay intake, I have a twinscrew!!

S

SMOKINACES

well I found the pot!!!! ............uhm ......... empty again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back