Fuel Line Shield

rocknrod

Reaction score
Under the car covering the fuel lines there is a fuel line shield (plastic). In the front section it seems to be wedged under the body and on top of the left rear K member mount. Is that normal?
Fuel Lines.jpg

Last edited:

rocknrod

Reaction score
No, not removable when wedged between the body and right rear x member. I might not have expressed that properly. I edited my 1st post. Sorry.
Fuel Tube Shield.jpg

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm not understanding. We're talking about part #27 in the diagram? Should just be able to unfasten and remove pretty easily. I just changed my filter a month or two ago.

rocknrod

Reaction score
Oh okay. Mine is wedged between the body and the x-member. So I'm going to have to get on that.
Ya I changed my fuel filter and it's wedged in there. There is a front bolt on mine forward of the two x-member bolts also. So that was not what was holding it in.
Thank you for the reply's gentlemen.

whitmanink

Reaction score
i just did my fuel filter last month , so this is very fresh in my mind,,
mine was like yours, where the plastic was wedged in ,, so i just removed a screw or two and a push pin or two and it hung down where i could just remove and replace the filter then pull it up to place and screw it back in, ,, maybe if i would have looked more or had it on a stand rather than a jack i would have removed it all, but no need ,, just let it hang and do your thing and put it back up

rocknrod

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. You would think the engineers would want that sub-frame to body, metal to metal. I see some cars are assembled without it being wedged in there. I guess the shields were put in place before the sub-frame was mated to the body.Subframe.jpg

whitmanink

Reaction score
im thinking anyones who was not in the k-member, ,, at some point a fuel filter change happened and they decided to not reattach at k-member,, because i think its as bright as a 2 piece spark plug

Autokyrios

Reaction score
Since my car is more a lego set than a car right now and up in the air, I shall go look...Hold my coffee...

Autokyrios

Reaction score
Okay, I have a tubular K-member but I can confirm the plastic cover for the fuel/brake lines on the driver side shouldn't be bolted between the K-member rear mounting point and the frame. It had a dedicated bolt directly to the frame to one side, and the plastic cover curves up in the gap between the K-member and the body to cover some of the lines up into the actual wheel well area, but it shouldn't be trapped in any way.

20240822_144036_fuel_guard.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back