Fuse #49 keeps blowing

Zaslam

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2013 Mustang Gt. One day i started the car and noticed my car was bogging and check engine light came on. Scanned the car and came up with a bunch of codes all related to fuse 49. Now so far what ive done is disconned all the o2 sensors started the car still blew. Put a new fuse in and o2 sensors back in and disconnected all the vct connectors and still blew. Plugged those back in and and put a new fuse and disconnected the evap cannister purge valve and still it blew. Now as far as what i can tell through what wiring diagrams i found is that is all that is connected to fuse 49. There was no work previously done on it when the fuse did blow. Im completely lost now and unsure what my next step should be. Thank you for any responses.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has the transmission ever been out of the car? It's possible the harness was pinched and finally wore through the insulation causing a short.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
This is what is controlled by Fuse 49. Could be any of these items or circuits. Have you scanned for trouble codes?

1715164137918.png

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Yes the codes i got were all related to these. It was prob about 8-9 codes.
But codes do not tell you the specific concern. They tell you that there is a specific circuit that has an issue. Once you have the code, then you use a Workshop manual to isolate the issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back