GT350R rips the Ring....

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the Ford one is actually true... great to get the internet in a tizzy but if the time is slower than the Z28 they should have stated the time is not true. If it is faster than that then I could see them staying quite about it until they release the real number.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the Ford one is actually true... great to get the internet in a tizzy but if the time is slower than the Z28 they should have stated the time is not true. If it is faster than that then I could see them staying quite about it until they release the real number.

The GT350 laps faster than the Z28. The GT350 a lot faster. Ford won't be releasing times, it's not their style. They will wait for the mags to sort it out.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification... so the regular GT350 is faster than the Z28? That is fantastic news! :hi:

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did Ford confirm the time of the GT350R?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The GT350 and 350R would be way faster with a junkyard LS in it.........

DMotorsports

Reaction score
Probably because the new ones don't come with a turbo that's turned up until it pops, at which point they waddle back over to the local salvage yard and haul out another one, mullet gracefully blowing in the wind. :wt:

I digress...

And yes, the butthurt over at camaro5 is quite entertaining. They don't even want to acknowledge the existence of the GT350R. Many of them appear to be migrating over to Camaro6 and hoping/praying that the next gen will be a 3400lb lightweight freak of engineering.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking. Why is it that JY LS's are faster than new ones? Something doesn't track.

Because they get better with age.

I gotta go. I am working on a SBC project......corvette motor. Double hump heads. 11:1 pop up pistons and it has a 3/4 race cam. I am still looking for the other 1/4.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Because they get better with age.

I gotta go. I am working on a SBC project......corvette motor. Double hump heads. 11:1 pop up pistons and it has a 3/4 race cam. I am still looking for the other 1/4.

Damn dude, that would be FULL RACE!!!

DMotorsports

Reaction score
Ever since an ATS Coupe weighed in at 34xx pounds, many of them seem convinced that the camaro won't be far from that figure. There are a few sensible ones over that try to insert some logic, but it doesn't seem to be sticking

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, that would be FULL RACE!!!

So true story...

Back in the early 90s I was driving my 67 mustang fastback to work (Super Shops in San Bernardino---I lived in Rancho Cucamonga). I had put in a 428 with the typical mods of the day. Sounded really good but it was only 11.60s on motor and 10.80s on the bottle.

So I pull up to an intersection and this guy in an old pickup truck rolls down his window and says....."Sounds nice! You gotta 3/4 race cam in it?"

I just smiled and shook my head no.

Then he gets all excited and says "YOU GOT A FULL CAM IN THAT?!!!! BAD ASS DUDE!!!"

I am not kidding. That really happened.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back