H&R Clubsport Coilovers

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Hahaha we will definitely have to take a few passes around the track. Be pretty cool to get the only RR specs in the world on the same course.

I decided a long time ago that if I was going to do anything with my car, it would be over the top. Power, suspension, etc. I threw the budget out the window and pretty much buy the top of the line stuff when it comes on sale.

And you ended up selecting Griggs for those suspension components? No doubt they make great stuff but they haven't done a whole lot of tweaking and engineering recently and their post sale customer support, from chatting with those who have gone Griggs, sucks.

Cortex offers the same items, SLA front, Torque Arm + Watts link, 4 corner coilovers and does it with significantly better post sale support for people without 6 digit racing budgets. To make things even better it's all bolt on and it's upgradable. Don't want double adjustable Koni's? Sweet, have a choice of Penske's, Ohlins, JRi's, etc to chose from in your flavor of single, double, triple, whatever adjustable. Your choice on spring rates too.

I'm not a fan of H&R or Eibach's coilover offerings. I think you get a better coilover setup for not much more with GC ($1650 shipped from cali to the midwest). Sure it isn't monotube like the Eibachs are but I'd venture a guess that the GC's are going to perform better too through better valving. And non adjustable damping coilovers makes me want to vomit.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I've not seen a cortex SLA. In any case Griggs has the wins to back it up. I've seen the quality of their parts firsthand, and I doubt it's easily beat.

I've had nothing but the best support personally from Bruce Griggs. He's always answered my emails and calls promptly and with great info.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
I've not seen a cortex SLA. In any case Griggs has the wins to back it up. I've seen the quality of their parts firsthand, and I doubt it's easily beat.

I've had nothing but the best support personally from Bruce Griggs. He's always answered my emails and calls promptly and with great info.

He must like you because the list of people he's NOT helped that were already his customers was pretty long. They make great stuff but it makes me wonder if he genuinely cares about his customers or if he is just in it for the money and you are on your own post purchase.

As for the Cortex SLA:
http://www.performanceautosport.com/category/pas-racing/

11033251376_4fdbeebc2e_z.jpg

11034570366_649fb293f3_z.jpg

The uprights:
8409109772_42ecccb817_z.jpg

8408015295_aae0d3f0f9_z.jpg

In Action:

The rest of their product looks like what this guy has taken great photos of:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115739

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back