Hagerty Insurance?

Mailman

forum member
Reaction score
Simple enough. Does anybody have Hagerty on their ride? More importantly, has anyone actually made a claim through them and how did that go? I've got a quote to switch from my basic policy and I'm really leaning towards doing it.

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
Simple enough. Does anybody have Hagerty on their ride? More importantly, has anyone actually made a claim through them and how did that go? I've got a quote to switch from my basic policy and I'm really leaning towards doing it.
Subbed as mine spends most of the time in the garage. I can’t remember if it was Grundy or hagerty, but I remember getting a quote for like $500 a year.

rocknrod

Reaction score
When I had a street rod the fender damaged. I went to Grundy and they said to get a quote, I did and got it fixed without any questions asked.
From what I understand (at the time) insurance regulators question these companies as to why they're payouts are so few in number. It's because their clientele cherishes their cars and don't drive as much and when they do they don't drive like high school kids. They gladly make payouts quickly to keep state insurance regulators off their behind.
Grundy insures my Mustang also. Just get a quote from both and make your choice. They are both good.

Mailman

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, RNR. A friend of mine writes Hagerty policies and I think I'm going there. It's a little pricey, but I like the coverage I'm getting.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have Hagerty, thus far no claims. My 2006 Mustang was with USAA since 2006 and then it hit me like a brick...I asked them how much aftermarket stuff they would cover and USAA told me...no more than $5K. Switched to Hagerty same day. My only regret? Should have done it eons ago.

AHaze

Reaction score
My Mustang and one other vehicle are insured with Hagerty. Haven't had to make any claims but when I have had to interact with them, it's been pleasant enough.
The Mustang policy wasn't significantly cheaper with Hagerty but they didn't give me a hard time about the supercharger and if it gets stolen or totaled, I get a reasonable replacement value instead of book value.
The policy on the second vehicle is darn near free. Unlike mainstream insurers, Hagerty seems to realize they aren't taking on double the risk because I can't drive two vehicles at the same time.

MrBhp

Reaction score
My Shelby is insured with Hagerty. Half the price as my original carrier and twice the coverage.

Mustang Terlingua

Reaction score
My '08 Bullitt is with Hagerty Ins it is $475 a yr for stated value a $27,000 in East TX. Never had a claim an have them on two other Mustangs & a Shelby GT500 always a great rate. Y'all have to have a daily driver other then the insured vehicle.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
True, my 2006 is a garage queen...show car....:)

53826921428_933ef59005_k.jpg

53815277465_6e56054626_h.jpg

Miker

Reaction score
My '08 Bullitt is with Hagerty Ins it is $475 a yr for stated value a $27,000 in East TX. Never had a claim an have them on two other Mustangs & a Shelby GT500 always a great rate. Y'all have to have a daily driver other then the insured vehicle.
My 2005 Roush is insured through Hagerty. First year was 435 for 15,000 agreed value. Second year they raised it to 520. No tickets, no claims, no accidents. Clean driving record and 66 years old. I am in CA. Is that why it would be more for less agreed value?

Road_Trip

Reaction score
After reading this thread last week, you guys convinced me to reach out to them. 2010 Gt that just rolled 31k miles, $591 a year for here in Colorado. $1300 less than my current carrier with a higher value coverage. Been with my current carrier 33 years, not a single accident and haven't had a moving violation in 12 years (accelerating rapidly on an on-ramp if you can believe that nonsense.) They won't allow my youngest on the policy as he has an at fault accident within the last 3 years but he doesn't drive the car anyway, neither does my wife. I signed the paperwork this weekend and excited to save the $1300 p/yr.

Mailman

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought my Hagerty policy. Some of the liabilities are lower than what I had, not that big a deal. It's costing me about $170/yr more, but instead of having a value (KBB) of maybe $7500, I've got an agreed value of $18,000. In NY a vehicle is considered a 'total' if damages are 75% of the value. In my case, that would be ~$5600. I don't know about where you guys are, but a parking lot sideswipe down the front fender and door would more than cover that. Here's a check for $7500 and we're taking the car!
Now if the car gets damaged, I can get it fixed up to $13,500. Hey, it's only money, and right now I at least know if I or someone else F's up, I probably won't get my car taken away.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back