Hard to Find Aftermarket Parts for 2012 S197 V6—Anyone Else?

KonaTheMustang

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, and this is my first post.

Is anyone else finding it difficult to source aftermarket body parts for the 2012 S197, particularly the V6 model? I own a 2012 S197 V6, and it seems like all the available parts are either for models before 2012 or for 2013 and newer ones. It feels like the 2012 model is the "odd middle child." Specifically, I'm looking for an RTR-style grille with the triangle lights on both sides or the older GT style with fog lights on both sides and the pony emblem in the middle. However, I can't find anything like this for the 2012 model year. The options either cater to pre-2012 or 2013+ models.

Additionally, I'm struggling to find an H or X pipe to go with my Roush axle-back exhaust. Has anyone else experienced issues finding aftermarket parts for this year? Is there a hidden gem of a website I might have missed, or did I just happen to choose a challenging year for parts?

Gladams

Reaction score
Welcome to the club from Missouri. The 10-12 model year body is the same, underneath is different from V8 and V6. Check out MBRP for H pipe. America Muscle, CJ Pony, Steeda, to name a few, might be able to help with your search.

KonaTheMustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the info about the similarities in the 10-12 body styles. I got my axle-back from American Muscle, so I've already checked there, but I'll definitely look into MBRP for the H pipe and see what CJ Pony and Steeda have to offer. Thanks for the suggestions!

Gladams

Reaction score
I have a V8, I got my H pipe from MPRP, 3” SS. I’m sure there’s some out there. Maybe a muffler shop? Good luck.

KonaTheMustang

Reaction score
Yeah probably a muffler shop can put something together for me. Finding parts for the V6 is just hard. Not many people are building for this platform. But thank you for all your help.

Reaction score
Yeah probably a muffler shop can put something together for me. Finding parts for the V6 is just hard. Not many people are building for this platform. But thank you for all your help.
There was never very much made that was V-6 specific for s197 mustangs but I agree things are getting scarcer. It is a shame too. Ford made many more cyclone mustangs than coyotes. The good news is that a 2012 V-6 shares many parts with the V-8 models. Also Magnaflow still makes their V-6 exhausts in street and racing models. I have the Street version and it has been going strong for 12 years now.

Boosted_Norrin

Reaction score
I hope you found what you needed as I am new to the party here but it is my understanding that 2010-2014 any 3.7 motor/exhaust parts will fit. Its only the front end that changed for a face lift.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back