Has anyone ever waited 12 weeks for American Muscle to ship?

Derby

Reaction score
Things are rough all over. I ordered suspension parts for my truck in early October 2021, supposed to be here by the end of the month...........L..G..B...

SVTom

Reaction score
Back order with no delivery date.
Sweet…..
So my new ride sits the garage …..
Waiting……
Waiting………

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Look at Forgestar's website. They have wheels in stock and you can buy direct. I picked up a set of 5 spokes and had them in 3 days of ordering them. If you are a veteran mention that and they give 10% off.

HINT: AM will show wheels in stock on their website. However there is a catch. If they are actually in stock at AM the shipping statement will say IN STOCK FREE 3 DAY DELIVERY-RECEIVE BY ##/##/####. If they are not physically on hand the availability will read: IN STOCK Free Shipping-Get it in 3 -10 days.

The latter means that the wheel is still being produced by the vendor and will ship direct from them. That does not however mean that the wheel is in stock at the vendor because AM has no way of knowing without contacting them first. A rep at AM explained this to me so I would not be misled.

Example - Vosson VFS-6 - IN stock free shipping get it in 3-10 days
- AMR Gloss Black Wheel - IN STOCK FREE 3 DAY DELIVERY

Pick up the phone and speak to the AM wheel guy Jim. He will explain all of this, provide you a quote and then provide you actual availability before you lay down the money.

The marketing department at AM is very crafty at how they write things. They have misled me in the past.
I only use them now to get quotes to get a better price elsewhere.

Mustang Terlingua

Reaction score
If Y'all are lookin for a better oil filter then Ford or Motorcraft ? Have Y'all head of or tried AmsOil products. They make thier own microfiber(not paper) filter EA011-EA $15.95 & with thier Signature oil it is a Once A Year oil Change. I tried their product's 35 years ago, Vintage Racing a '67 Mustang & constantly having to repack wheel bearings I had tried every brand of grease & they all liquified under the extreme heat & pressure racing. A guy walks up and hands me a tube of AmsOil racing grease & says try this I took the lid off & looked & it was white I laughed. He said try it & if the wheel bearings fail I will pay for any damage,for all parts. I cleaned & repacked & ran a 15 Lap Heat Race at Willow Springs & took the dust cap off & it looked just like when I put on NO Liquefication or discoloration. They have great products & no I ain't a dealer just a Preferred Customer. Amsoil.com

Kona 5oh

Reaction score
With gas prices high and the trucking situation thanks to Biden this is what we have regrettably
The reality is the President doesn’t set gas prices. There is very little he can do about it. Push your Republican agenda somewhere else.

SVTom

Reaction score
Dealer could not guarantee that a non oem filter use would mess with my warranty:(

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Dealer could not guarantee that a non oem filter use would mess with my warranty:(
Years ago, a fellow on the Roush forum used a FRAM oil filter on his supercharged ( I think) 2012 Roush car. Filter clogged up, no oil flow at all, and it took out the engine. Dealer would not warranty the engine. Ford would not warranty the engine. So much for trying to save a few bucks on a brand new car. I use the filter that's also used in the GT-500, forget the number now. 50% heavier than oem, 60% more filter media inside, and comes with the high temp, silicone rubber seal.

Laga

Reaction score
Years ago, a fellow on the Roush forum used a FRAM oil filter on his supercharged ( I think) 2012 Roush car. Filter clogged up, no oil flow at all, and it took out the engine. Dealer would not warranty the engine. Ford would not warranty the engine. So much for trying to save a few bucks on a brand new car. I use the filter that's also used in the GT-500, forget the number now. 50% heavier than oem, 60% more filter media inside, and comes with the high temp, silicone rubber seal.
What did it clog up with? Why didn’t the oil pump go into bypass? If a guy on a forum said so, it must be true.

Laga

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes under the Great President Trump we didn't depend on anyone. Yes, you may love your President Biden but right now we are at the highest level of inflation and he is writing checks to Ukraine that we can't produce. So don't bother to supply me with your links and politics.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back