Heater hose Assembly

catsvamp

Reaction score
Hi first time posting on here.
I have a 2005 V6 and I am having a issue with the heater hose assembly I bought.
Part # 6r3z-18696-a
It is missing the hose hook ups for the throttle body cooling did they do away with it and if so will my throttle body be okay if I run it with out them connected.
Also I have seen some of the new replacement throttle bodies and they do not come with the hose hook up on them.
Any help will be appreciated.

Royz05V6Convertible

Reaction score
1st time answering. I'm not sure what the Ford part number represents but I do know that newer throttle bodies eliminated the water cooling. Not sure how but they did.
However, the heater hoses in my 05 V6 route from the metal tubing to the throttle body. In my case I replaced my cooling system with a Mishimoto kit. (Red) You can see the OEM cooling lines going to and from the metal pipe manifold from the Throttle body in the black molded OEM hoses.
Once I figure out what size they are I'll replace them with appropriate silicone version. Add some color. Eye candy as it were. Hope this helps.
Roy

20220630_130945.jpg

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
One of the first mods I did to my '05 was to bypass the heated throttle body hose (took out one hose, connected the other to the metal pipe by the valve cover, to complete the flow path); Ford did away with the heated-t/b setup in subsequent years.

If you have a differnt metal pipe from a newer year that does not have them, great!

catsvamp

Reaction score
I did some more research after i posted and found that out.
I just replaced the hose for now as i can not break the bolts free that hold the assembly on.
But thanks for the help to.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back