How Much RWHP is your Built SB Making?

V

VSOP

So going back to the original post it's not the fact that power cant be made with these motors they can make the power but that extra power comes at a substantial price with all the other supporting mods. I was begging to think that these motors were some how handicapped when compared to other mod motors. The 3V heads are supposed to flow just as good as the 4v or close, the alu blocks aren't shabby either.

I know that the input shafts in the tranny are weak, the DS, needs to be replaced, stock clutch is only rated at 380ftq, differential and axles should also get swapped. Supporting suspension mods like LCA, UCA, Axle brace etc.. What's left? I mean if all these things have been replaced, why not crank up the boost a little? I guess one huge problem is traction if you cant get traction on the street with 500hp then what's the point of going for 700hp on the street.
One our body does not really allow a huge rear tire making it hard for lots of HP on a fully streetable tire. Then you have the added cooling issues making that much power that its good to upgrade a radiator and heat exchanger/ic.

then you have to address your driveline.. etc etc..
Most guys run a lower power street tune and a race gas tune for the track. As race gas is not an option for most on a DD.

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have a good point Don and I agree with your reasoning. Many times my wife and I go out in our car with our kids in the back seat. I'd love to put a cage in it to be able to race it at sanctioned events but there is no way I could or would put my kids in the back seat with a cross bar right in front of their faces. Not to mention they'd have to use all their youthful nubility to get in and out! Oh hell I just need to get my wife something else to daily drive and get her the hell out of my car! LOL

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, once it has cage/roll bar its a 2 seater only..

+1, my friend has a roll cage and the back seat isn't any fun and its impossible to get into the back seat with the top up.

V

VSOP

Yea and a v6 vin is still a v6 to them when you install a v8, but I'm talking about real world..

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Obviously I agree completely that once a roll bar goes in, the backseat is pretty much useless for human cargo. But, it's not far from worthless as it is (except for small kids, or very short trips). Since all my kids are grown, I don't use the back seat too often anyway, so it's a compromise I'm willing to make. If I need to haul more than 2 people, I can use the wife's 4-door Intrepid. hehe

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Yea I would second that, the drive train is the weak link. I killed the stock clutch in my car at only the second race weekend in Bradenton. I put in a 03 cobra set up and got 1 pass on it. TOAST! 485 to the wheels and it was slipping harsh. I am going to a GT500 twin disc. We are changing the input shaft as well. I hope this mother holds. I think that we will start seeing some much faster number now that trans will be getting swapped and stronger ones going in. Del Pino laid down a sick 146 mph pass over the weekend. I think there will be 4 or 5 cars running in the 9s by the end of the year in FFW. I know JPC runs a G Force in his car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back