I turn the key and nothing happens. Please help!!!

Bigeastgi43

Reaction score
When I turn the key on my 05 mustang, nothing happens. I'll start from the beginning. My passenger side window wouldn't roll down. I decided to check the fuses on the inner passenger side fuse box. They all looked good. When I got done and put everything back. I noticed that when I turn my key, nothing happens. None of the lights on the dash come on. No clicking or anything.

It's strange because the interior lights still comes on when I open the door. The headlights still work. The mirrors still work. And windows still roll up when I close the door, but they won't roll up or down when I use the switch. The locks don't work but I do here a click when I push the lock/unlock button.
Please help! I have no idea what to do. Thanks!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is the red light on the dash blinking rapidly?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have a spare key to try? If so, try it

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
check your drain plugs by the cowl - must have had water intrusion, common issue

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Probably would be good to buy one or two spare programmed keys. Most locksmiths can do it. When I bought my car, it came with one key. I insisted on the dealer providing two back-up key and they did. I had given them three sets of keys so wasn't asking anything ridicules. The risk of loosing a key and or the key becoming disconnected from the car system to risky.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back