Is there a way to data log fuel injector performance?

ZwookY

Reaction score
I am going to be taking off and cleaning the fuel injectors on an 05 GT I have been working on and I'd like to know what, if any, PID's I can data log to measure before and after performance? The car has 106,000 miles on the original, never cleaned, injectors and it'd be nice to see some actual numbers to see if there is an improvement rather than the placebo effect that I'm sure I will be experiencing.
I'm assuming short term fuel trim would be a good start. Any suggestions for any other categories to look at?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Only way I have ever tested injectors was on the bench. Set psi and check spray pattern and flow volume. I once cleaned them myself with with injector cleaner and used a 9-volt battery but was never ever to accurately measure flow volume. I send them out for service now or get new ones.

Rick Simons

Reaction score
Are you set up to datalog? SCT LiveLink has a "pressure drop across injectors" parameter, among others; don't know if that would help or not. I can't remember if you can log injector open duration vs demand, but if it does, that might be useful info. There are lots of people on here (I'm not one of them) that should be able to answer that.

ZwookY

Reaction score
Are you set up to datalog? SCT LiveLink has a "pressure drop across injectors" parameter, among others; don't know if that would help or not. I can't remember if you can log injector open duration vs demand, but if it does, that might be useful info. There are lots of people on here (I'm not one of them) that should be able to answer that.
Yes, I can use Live Link with my SCT, also have BlueDriver, FORscan, & other handheld scanners with live data.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
See what kind of injector duty cycle you are seeing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back