M&H's arrived today

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Don,

What psi were you running with the M&H before the stud broke? Were you able to see if there was any sidewall flex/wrinkle? Just wondering b/c the 325 are fairly tall but don't know how stiff the sidewalls are.
The stud that broke was in the front, not the rear.

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
Got my 325's today. They look like they'll fit nicely on my 9" Bullitts. Hard to tell without them mounted - but they look like they'll be narrower than MT's after mounting.

don_w

Reaction score
They fit great on 9" bullitts. And they look closer to my 255s than they do the 275s I took off. But, they sure work nice. :rock:

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
FYI... I'm now running them at 25psi (cold).
Thanks Don,
I'll start there. Was hoping to initiate them tonight at T&T - but it turns out my better half has other plans for us tonight. Next week for sure!

don_w

Reaction score
You may want to drop the pressure for the track. I'm looking for a happy medium for street use only... soft enough to hook, but still able to handle OK.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
17 psi worked best for me at the track. I tried 15 psi a couple of times, but noticed the edges of the tire were wearing more then the center after a couple of passes. Also, I got my best 60' at 17psi....

As far as the street, I use 26 psi----unless I am going to go on a long freeway drive, then I up it to 30 (like when I go to race a Perris, a 240 mile round trip).

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
Got my M&H DR's mounted yesterday and put 'em on the car today. Thought I'd snap a few pics for anyone still concerned about clearance. The tires are 325/45R17 M&H Drag radials. Like Don said earlier - they seem to run narrow, but that's a good thing if you don't want to run a 10" wheel & don't want the tires sticking out.
The wheels are 17X9" repro polished Bullits (aluminum), 6.55"BS & +38mm offset. As you can see they're not a perfect match for the OEM wheels on the front, but these are going to be drag wheels/tires so they match good enough for that.
I am running the stock OEM springs and Tokico D-specs w/CHE CA's - so you can see there is room to lower the car some if you wanted to - but I don't.
There is about 1.5" clearance between the sidewall and the axle snubber plate on the inner fender - that was my main concern but there's plenty of space there.
Hope the pics clarify things
Tim

Attachments

• M&H drag radials 024.jpg
    M&H drag radials 024.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10
  • M&H drag radials 026.jpg
    M&H drag radials 026.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
  • M&H drag radials 027.jpg
    M&H drag radials 027.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 11
  • M&H drag radials 028.jpg
    M&H drag radials 028.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6
  • M&H drag radials 029.jpg
    M&H drag radials 029.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 15
  • M&H drag radials 030.jpg
    M&H drag radials 030.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 6
  • M&H drag radials 032.jpg
    M&H drag radials 032.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 6
  • M&H drag radials 033.jpg
    M&H drag radials 033.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • M&H drag radials 034.jpg
    M&H drag radials 034.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 7
  • M&H drag radials 031.jpg
    M&H drag radials 031.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 9

06GT_Vert

Still Stock
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do I see a gto under the car cover?

Get that car out to the track & bust off a good #

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where do you race Mick?

Earl

Ive ran several times at Mason Dixon in Hagerstown Md.
Been to MIR at Buds Creek Md but never raced there..usually the Ford show in the fall and its so many cars there....ya know :)
then the 1/8 mile track at SummerDuck...around Warrenton Va. ever heard of it?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes SummerDuck is a lot of fun but I haven't been there for 20 years. I sold everything and got out of racing 20 years ago as a promise to my wife and I had to stay away from the tracks or I couldn't have kept the promise. I am retired now and building my last toy so I will be going to the track once in a while. Are you going to come to VMP for FFW in June?

Earl

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I figured if you had been racing cars for 40 years you would have been to the Duck :)
VMP? Is that the track in Dinwiddie..Richmond area? never been there. Ill have to get the excat dates.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back