Mastering the art of the S197 3 link suspension (sixty foot)

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything on the strange adjustable shocks and struts for our cars. I have always had good luck with strange products so i'm assuming they will be good but looking for anyone with experience with them.

I put the strange single adjustables in my car. they adjust quick and i like them a lot so far.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
11.057@131 1.35 60ft
- Shocks QA1's rear only, stock fronts.
- Rear springs CJ springs
- Lower control arms BMR with BMR relocation brackets
- Upper control arm Steeda Adj
- posi stocker
- Pan hard bar Steeda adj
- Pan hard bar support brace Steeda
- Gear size 3.73
- Brand/ tire size M/T drag slick 28x10.50
- Clutch or which converter at what stall? clutch with spec stage 3+
- Anti roll bar or which rear sway bar stock

Something seems off here. I cut 1.59-1.63 60' and trap 124-128 and run high 10's.

You cut a 1.35 and trap 131 and only run 11.0...?!?

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
Something seems off here. I cut 1.59-1.63 60' and trap 124-128 and run high 10's.

You cut a 1.35 and trap 131 and only run 11.0...?!?

I asked on the last post on the last page what the trap RPMs are, i think the 28" tire has something to do with it.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Need guidance from the gurus

So recently I've been having issues launching. The car has felt like it's wheel hopping like a rabbit but all the bushings in the rear are fine after checking them out. I need to figure out a way to lessen the hit when I launch but with a spec 3+ clutch it's kinda difficult to slip it when launching.

The photographer got this shot of my launch on Friday and I don't think I've ever seen a drag radial wrinkle like a slick this much. I don't know if it's something I can take care of suspension wise so that's why I'm reaching out in this thread.

holywrinkle.jpg

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I think that run I had them at around 15psi. They were hopping on me at 17 as well. I tried my 3rd run at 14 with the same result. I didn't know they were wrinkling like that until today after finding this picture.

I really don't know what to do at this point since I'm really starting to get frustrated. I think part of the issue is the locker that I just put in since it really does shock the tires with a stick shift trans. The locker has a little extra slack compared to the stock diff so even though I'm trying to slip the clutch a little it's still hitting the tires real hard.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you can DEF slip the 3+ just takes practice. Thats how I would launch the car when i was still stick.

question. is your UCA adjustable or fixed? the length could be an issue.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
It's an adjustable UCA but I still have the stock mount for it in there. I think I need to raise the tire pressure up till it spins, and then back down from there.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i was at the track yesterday (island) and i was pushing through the line locks. i think i need new solenoids. so no burnouts for me at all, but i still managed 2 1.5x and 2 1.6x sixty foots on the MH tires at 14psi. its the lowest ive ever run them before. I was only leaving off the transbrake at 2000rpm. any higher and id spin.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have stuck with my guns and gotten M&H again. I cheaped out though since I got these at a very good price and couldn't resist.

I will go with M&H again when these wear out. I just hope they offer a 295 size like M.T. does since I think I'd like them a bit better than these crazy wide 325's.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
My car has a fully welded 8-point roll bar, LCA's(poly one end, sort of roto-joint on the other) with CHE anti-squat brackets welded in and an adjustable UCA. I don't think sub-frame connectors will do much now that I have the bar welded in but I may try them in the future anyway.

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
OK, We had the sub frame conn before our roll bar (6 pt) and it stopped. I think the combo of the roll bar and sub-frame is a great set up.

Disconnected

06 Mustang GT Convertible
Reaction score
Koni Yellows - Full Soft Front, 2 Turns Hard Rear
Ford K Springs
Steeda Adj LCA
Steeda Adj UCA
Steeda Panhard Bar
Steeda Panhard Brace

3.55 gears
MT 3743R
Eibach 24mm Rear Sway Bar
Eibach 35mm Front Sway Bar

1.83 sec - 60' Time.

I ordered CHE Relo brackets on Wednesday, installed on Friday.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
A birdy told me that the thread starter/OP just installed some bolt-on lower control arm relocation brackets on his car....and he is experiencing "too much" traction....

Is this true Mr. DaSilva?

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
@ BMR TECH
yeah i guess i have the older ones i looked i have 2 holes your new ones have 3 correct?... my current ones are welded in .. so no swap out for me lol

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I think that run I had them at around 15psi. They were hopping on me at 17 as well. I tried my 3rd run at 14 with the same result. I didn't know they were wrinkling like that until today after finding this picture.

I really don't know what to do at this point since I'm really starting to get frustrated. I think part of the issue is the locker that I just put in since it really does shock the tires with a stick shift trans. The locker has a little extra slack compared to the stock diff so even though I'm trying to slip the clutch a little it's still hitting the tires real hard.

same way but i had my qa-1a at full hard .. i have videos but cant get them loaded yet

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
@ BMR TECH
yeah i guess i have the older ones i looked i have 2 holes your new ones have 3 correct?... my current ones are welded in .. so no swap out for me lol

Correct.

The new ones have 3 mounting holes.

95% of the users will not gain much benefit from the 3rd location we added.

Our current customers who are utilizing the previous design, welded in, don't really have a reason to want the new set....as the only major difference would be that extra mounting hole that they probably would not utilize.

The main reason these were changed, is to allow customers to be able to safely bolt them in without welding them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back