Mid-Pipe/Cats

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't have the funds right now for ARH LT's w/ X Pipe since I'm doing my wheels/tires, finishing suspension, driveshaft, and torque converter.

Sooo, I was gonna just cut the cats and throw on a custom X-Pipe on there. It's really inexpensive for me to do, so I'm really thinking about it. The thing is, if I do this will it affect the tune dramatically? Will it just run rich? I was gonna do this friday, but next thurs I'm going to go get the car retuned any ways....Could someone help me out please....It's gonna be pretty loud with those LM's on there!!!!! Also, what will I need to keep the check engine light from coming on, those MIL extender thingies, or just wait and have it turned off in the tune next Thurs

- Justin

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it will throw O2 sensor codes.

Just save your money and leave it alone until you get the headers / hi flows that you want to buy.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it will throw O2 sensor codes.

Just save your money and leave it alone until you get the headers / hi flows that you want to buy.

I'm saving up for em' now, but just want to see if it would be okay to throw an offroad x pipe on there for a couple days with out getting it re tuned till next Thurs. Now, if someone has a set of ARH's that they want to get rid of please let me know!!!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a set of Kooks w/hi flow cats in the forsale section for a pretty good price.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a set of Kooks w/hi flow cats in the forsale section for a pretty good price.

Yeah, I saw em'. I'm really just wanting to go with the American Racing Headers....I'll talk to the guy selling them and see what he's wanting for them though.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
No you really want to wait to buy Kooks! I am not kidding, if your going to spend your money buy Kooks. I have a them plus a mid pipe muffler(vice Cats) and I couldn't be happier. JDM makes the off road X pipe with a mid pipe dynomax muffler, takes away the rasp sounds and loses ZERO RWHP. and it "looks" like you have hi flow cats!
save your money and buy the kooks, it will last longer and look better.

I would say at this time don't just cut away the cats, it will mess up your performace and your car will run bad.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back