My Dilemma

the sandman

Reaction score
I just purchased a Summit fabricated intake for a 4.6l 3v motor. I'm sending it back as in my mind it is a piece of junk but I have no proof. I never would have bought it if I saw any info on it on the web. Now it's cost me money and wasted time. Here is the dilemma, Someone is modifying them to fit a 5.4l and selling them for big money so do I say something? I would be furious if someone knew and didn't tell me. Especially since they are modified and can't be returned. I've never done anything like this. I've been burned in past by the "no good deed goes unpunished" karma. What would you do

the sandman

Reaction score
mine is new from summit and it's going back but it still cost me time and money but I guess I already said that in original post. You must have missed it

rocknrod

Reaction score
No I didn't miss it. So your sending it back and your done with it.
What's with the dilemma thing? Someone else is doing something, it's not you. I don't get it? Help me out.

the sandman

Reaction score
Brother RNR; These intakes are being sold as a 5.4l intake and people will be very disappointed in them and their performance. They will be out alot of money for a piece of junk. Do I say something? Look up my thread in 4.6l 05 gt tech

MrBhp

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the modified version? Maybe they are fixing that horrible design.

crjackson

Reaction score
Who’s modifying for resale?

You can say something but be careful how you say it.

If it’s a friend who’s the buyer, gently tell him something like “I believe these are modified xxx from xxx. They clearly “look” inferior and no doubt have poor performance “in my opinion”. I take a hard pass on these bro …

Doing otherwise could land you in a courtroom if it gets ugly with the fab-up modifier.

Last edited:

the sandman

Reaction score
I've been searching for dyno or flow bench info on these( they might be made by Holley) and can't find anything. Anyone ever see anything on Holley sniper intake for 3v?. I'm staying out of it.

IMG_20240826_091314_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240826_091114_HDR.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back