My first noise complaint!

Jon_Purdy

forum member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. In a strange sort of way, I am actually proud. My across the street neighbor came over to ask me to not rev the engine when I return home from work. I get home around 10pm, unbeknownst to me, he and his wife call it a day a 9pm. I'll do my best to keep it down. I hope he realizes that I will have to get up what I consider a steep driveway. In case you are wondering, I have the following on the car:

FRPP Hot Rod Cams
JBA Shorty Headers
MRT High Flow Catted H
Roush Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust

I honestly didn't think I was overdoing it. I could of course be MUCH louder than I am at the moment.

Jon

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a douche.
How exactly is a little engine rev bothering anybody? I can understand loud music, as it is continuous for some amount of time, but youre car would be "too loud" for about 2 seconds while you get up your driveway.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Tough shit....I hear my neighbors new edge every morning at 5:30 am when I am getting ready for work....I love it.

Jon_Purdy

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a douche.
How exactly is a little engine rev bothering anybody? I can understand loud music, as it is continuous for some amount of time, but youre car would be "too loud" for about 2 seconds while you get up your driveway.

It shouldn't be bothering him that much. If I was doing it for an extended period of time at 2am instead of 10pm I would see his point.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
It's probably doesn't bother him but his wife is the one bitching. So he has to come over and whine. Poor sucker.........

I always try to be quiet with my neighbors, it's so much better to get along than fight with them.

281express

forum member
Reaction score
It's probably doesn't bother him but his wife is the one bitching. So he has to come over and whine. Poor sucker.........

I always try to be quiet with my neighbors, it's so much better to get along than fight with them.

yup! my house is the 2nd house in a row of 4 houses all side by side, my cars the only loud one but everyone loves it, even the kids. But yeah, its sooo much better when everyones cool with each other instead of thinking about whos the shady neighbor.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to play the game when it comes to the neighbors. A bitchy one can cost you a lot of time and money in court for nothing more than pure BS. Ask me how I know.....

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Tough shit....I hear my neighbors new edge every morning at 5:30 am when I am getting ready for work....I love it.

One of my neighbors used my car as an his alarm clock. When he ehard me leaving for work, he knew it was time to wake up. I wonder what he did on days I wasn't working?

300angryhorses

forum member
Reaction score
too funny. I used to set off a neighbor's car alarm every morning when I started up. He finally just started parking in a spot further away.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most communities' noise ordinances don't start until 10:00 pm. So tell him to go pound sand. And then show him what loud actually is.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again - before you tell ANY neighbor to do anything but smile you better make sure all your i's are dotted and your t's are crossed. And don't think for a second that they can't call in a complaint that you've been doing 90 MPH up and down your street. If they're willing to testify, it's up to you to prove you weren't.

Tread carefully.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I'll say it again - before you tell ANY neighbor to do anything but smile you better make sure all your i's are dotted and your t's are crossed. And don't think for a second that they can't call in a complaint that you've been doing 90 MPH up and down your street. If they're willing to testify, it's up to you to prove you weren't.

Tread carefully.

You must have had a real shitty experience? Hopefully it turned out well for you.

To the op, just be courteous to them and say no problem, some times you give it a little too much going up your hill and you'll watch it when it's late at night. Even if you don't follow through with what you said, they'll be more open minded to your exhaust (which i'm sure sounds bad ass)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Tell them they need to stay up later, and welcome to the "someone complained about my car noise" club.

Back