Need help fast

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I remember reading that early '05s had "global windows" where holding the unlock button would roll the windows down. There were so many problems with it (windows rolling themselves down) that Ford disabled the feature. I believe you can go to the dealer and they'll turn it off. I think it's a reflash.

I might have to do this as long as the reflash does screw up my tune.

I'm sure it's not the remote either. I pulled it apart and used my spare and still had the same problem.

Now I hear clicking sounds coming from both doors.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it's just starting to act up, I can't see it needing reflashed all of a sudden. SOunds like its either a switch or wiring problem since you just had the panel off for the door handles

MSgt46270

Reaction score
UPDATE

This morning I was going to take the car to the dealer to have this problem fix. I also had the battery disconnected for a few days now and the car stayed in the garage the whole time. I connected the battery and I didn't hear either door make any sounds (door locks?). I tested the windows and they stayed up after opening the door and then closing it with the car off.
When Jeremy had the car he said even after ten minutes the windows would come down. I just checked my car and and it's been about 15 minutes and the windows are still up.

The only thing I can think of, the battery was disconnected for a long time, if something was wet from the rain it needed to dry out.

Now I hope the problem fix its self???????

Thanks for all your inputs too. :thumb:

Timbostang

Boost junkie!
Reaction score
I'm really glad I found this thread before I started tearing into the car. My one-touch up and the up part of the short drop stopped working today. I just went out and did the re-initialization and it started working again. So if you have problems like this just try the re-initialization first. Thanks guys!!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back