New Drag Tires with New(ish) set-up??

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

The time is soon coming to wipe the dust off the cars and get them prepped for the season. Over the last few months I have bought some new goodies and The Gawds have graciously brought some awesome deals my way. New toys ready to be put on::clap::clap::clap:

Powerhouse D/S
Steeda UCA(ordering in a couple weeks)
Kooks LTs and X-pipe(will be at my doorstep next week, I am totally excited)
CMDPs

So with these goodies, I am obviously going to gain some HP/TQ and some, not much, weightloss. I plan on keeping my 4:10 gears.

So my question is should I stay with my MT 26 inch, 275/40-17 DRs??

Thank you in advance.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

The time is soon coming to wipe the dust off the cars and get them prepped for the season. Over the last few months I have bought some new goodies and The Gawds have graciously brought some awesome deals my way. New toys ready to be put on::clap::clap::clap:

Powerhouse D/S
Steeda UCA(ordering in a couple weeks)
Kooks LTs and X-pipe(will be at my doorstep next week, I am totally excited)
CMDPs

So with these goodies, I am obviously going to gain some HP/TQ and some, not much, weightloss. I plan on keeping my 4:10 gears.

So my question is should I stay with my MT 26 inch, 275/40-17 DRs??

Thank you in advance.
I would definetly run a 26" tire with your combo, it would continue to work great, unless you go to a steeper gear(more than a 4.30). I think your set up would do just fine, I wouldn't change a thing.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
unless you start to trap 115+ you have no issues with that set up

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
as long as the are mickey's you are fine. even nittos might hold those mods. btw you are going fall in love with the car like crazy with those mods! how come no lca's on that list or do you already have some?

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Order the Adj. UCA, will save you $$ if you have to adjust the pinion angle

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Nice setup, and you'll lose a few pounds off your car from the LT's. ;)

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. 12.6 would be nice that's for sure. As for the UCA, I am planning on getting the Steeda Adj. one.

Jroc07gt, I do have LCAs and relo's from UMI.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to relocate the swaybar and watch her have a go with those lightweight Bogarts...that would be another tenth, maybe two...

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to relocate the swaybar and watch her have a go with those lightweight Bogarts...that would be another tenth, maybe two...

Better watch out, Laura is cataching up to the red rocket :evillaugh: lol

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Laura's definately got driving skills, and eke's every last tenth that the platform can give. Sooooo, to maintain my manly place on the curve, I'll be dumping more $$ into a few more mods myself...:whistling:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Laura's definately got driving skills, and eke's every last tenth that the platform can give. Sooooo, to maintain my manly place on the curve, I'll be dumping more $$ into a few more mods myself...:whistling:

Lol, you won't hear the end of it if she beats your e.t.'s. I know it won't happen with this round of mods but I think she will be trying.

Back