Nitto tires: NT05s or NT01s?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The ZII (one of the ones Terry listed) is the new one

The ZIIs don't come in sizes big enough for these cars, unless you only want to run an 8" or 9" wheel. I run 10" wheels for autocross with 285 tires. The only size that wide in the ZII is 285/30R18, which is too short of a tire. They also have a 275/35R18 which is slightly taller (still a bit short IMO) but narrower. And 285 is the WIDEST they come in.

Nuclear

forum member
Reaction score
Terry:
Thank you for the highly detailed response. I have been following your write-ups on your S197 modifications, and I'm a big fan. Due to your accurate reports, I recently switched to Carbotech pads (purchased from Vorshlag). In the near future, I will be ordering new wheels through you as well. Your tire advice is valuable, and will help guide me in my tire choice.

Thank you!
-Nick

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like Nelsons to me. When I was racing motorcycles knee pucks would last me 6-7 race weekends. I didn't dig my knees in much and used really hard pucks. At Nelsons RH knee pucks would only last me about 30min. If I was running an endurance race (60-90min stints) I would have to have spare pucks velcro'd to the side of the bike and swap them out on the back straight while still at race pace.

That's MAN stuff right there.

Back