On the road again...

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be at Irwindale for sure thursday 5-10 Mark you going to be there. And about the KB that's upto Adam.

silverGTvert

Boobie inspector
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mark. Cant wait to see the time slips.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Killer is coming home tomorrow! Adam says she's right as rain this time so I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel. :hungry:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Congrats Mark! :victory: :clap:

And no excuses for not getting any vids, either! :bs: haha

R

redbaron66

Sure glad you've finally got everything worked out. I can hardly wait to see the performance results. Congrats!!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sure glad you've finally got everything worked out. I can hardly wait to see the performance results. Congrats!!
Someone take away his keys so he can't take it apart before we get some vids and numbers... :poke:

Think of it like a "work-release" program, you can only drive to/from the track/shop...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Great News Mark! Hopefully, in 2 weeks I will be in the same boat as long as Stanly can make it down to Adams safely ....:popcorneat:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, not a good week for me. First, I blew a belt on my Harley and towed it to a local dealer to get it fixed. I drive out of the dealership about 1 mile and my sprocket comes off and damn near kills me. It's obvious they dealer forgot to torque any of the bolts down but now they are screaming 'wear and tear' and not willing to fix it and I'm in a huge batle over it.

Absolute BS and the worst case of dealer scum I have ever seen. They know damn right well it's their fault - hell, even my rear foot peg came off - EVERY single bolt in the rear was loose or out within 1 mile. Of course, they are saying they are blamless and my bike is now NOT covered under warranty because of all my chrome - which is Harely Davidson Parts BTW. They claim even though it's HD parts, they are 'upgraded accessories' and therefore not covered. What a bunch of BS.

Then, my wife drives me the 100 miles to get my car and of course there are setbacks and I didn't get it. They are doing a good job but didn't get to start on it till Monday so it's not a mystery why it wasn't done. Too much for anyone in 2 days. Hell, they had to install a new motor, L/T headers, fab a new midpipe, fab an icebox, fab brackets for the Afco HE, install the oil seperator kit, install the KB 2.6 H/O, redo the wiring and shiftlight, and swap out the pumps and upgrade the fuel system. Yep, an awful lot of work for 2 days so it's not surprising - just disappointing.

I'm pretty sure they will have it done tomorrow but that leaves me out for Irwindale. I've got to put at least 300 break-in miles on the car and then swap out the fluids and have Adam throw it on the rollers again. No way that's going to all happen in a half day.

Not a good week for me and vehicles...:beat:

I know I've been saying 'next week' for over a year, but....

I should be at the track 'next week'...:beerdrink:

R

redbaron66

damn!!! The saga continues with you, and I see your luck just seems to hold steady. I really am sorry to hear of the problems. And as far as the bike story... those guys are full of it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dale. The owner of the stealership just called me and said he feels bad for my ordeal and is going to repair the bike at no cost but wanted to be sure I understood, that he 'wasn't admitting fault in any way'...lol

At this point, I don't care who did what, just fix my bike. So at least the bike dilema has a somewhat happy ending.

There's really no dilema with the car. Just that Adam was a little too optimistic with the time frame of the amount work needing to be done. Hell, even on build-off shows, they can't assemble a motor, install a motor, install a complete s/c kit, wire an entire fuel and cooling system, install a complete exhaust system, and tune a car in two days.

I got caught up in hope too and lost a little reality along the way...lol

They are still cranking away, but I think Friday is realistic. Either way, I AM getting the car back this week so I am pretty stoked anyway!!:rock:

Oh - and that big bad KB was already installed last night when I saw it and it not only looks like it belongs in the car - it looks like it was born there!:rock:

Last edited:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We told you to install the KB loooooongggggggg time a go!!!! Congrats!!!

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Well, not a good week for me. First, I blew a belt on my Harley and towed it to a local dealer to get it fixed. I drive out of the dealership about 1 mile and my sprocket comes off and damn near kills me. It's obvious they dealer forgot to torque any of the bolts down but now they are screaming 'wear and tear' and not willing to fix it and I'm in a huge batle over it.

Absolute BS and the worst case of dealer scum I have ever seen. They know damn right well it's their fault - hell, even my rear foot peg came off - EVERY single bolt in the rear was loose or out within 1 mile. Of course, they are saying they are blamless and my bike is now NOT covered under warranty because of all my chrome - which is Harely Davidson Parts BTW. They claim even though it's HD parts, they are 'upgraded accessories' and therefore not covered. What a bunch of BS.

This is exactly the reason, that when it was time for a new bike, I decided to build my own instead of giving Harley any more of my money. I have one Harley part on my bike. There is no way it can break. It is the sissy bar mount off of a VROD.....Dealing with Harley is like the worst experience I can imagine....they are way too proud of themselves. Mark, don't touch the bike, get a lawyer and sue the shit out of them. Get pics, get a independent mechanic to inspect the bike and sue them for all they are worth....They, like Ford, Chevy, etc, are subject to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Use it!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn mark. i hate to see the setbacks. im sorta in the same boat with my car. its been next week for the past 4 months haha. but today is the day. in 1 hour the light at the end of the tunnel has been reached!!!. yours will too and youll be happier than ever im sure!!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and Larry, I'm with you with HD. This isn't my first issue, just the latests and most severe. I'm putting the bike up for sale when it's fixed.

If they weren't going to fix it, then maybe the legal route but I learned with JDM legal action sometimes isn't worth it. When it was all said and done with JDM, I lost $125 in the whole ordeal and would have been much worse if it had actually gone to court. Sometimes even winning isn't worth it.

Nah, they're going to fix it and I'm going to sell it and when I'm in the mood for a bike again, I'll look at other options. From my personal experience, I will never own a Factory built Harley again.

Last edited:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Bike at least you did not get seriously hurt. :clap:
And I saw your car all day yesterday almost done they worked on it late. It is looking good. :victory: Come out to Irwindale tonight anyway we will talk about how badass your car is going to be.

Q

qwkcoupe

Those guys are slow man.... what are they doing serving counter customers too :).
I pulled off a straight six carburated motor to 5.0 conversion in 11 days straight ~ 120 hours. Parked it on day 0, drove it to work on day 12. Front bumper to rear bumper ALL parts were unbolted, and re-bolted, EFI electrical EFI fuel Tank, fule lines, fuel pump wiring, PCM to Chassis wire integration, battery relocate, radiator, k-member swap, axle swap, dual exhaust, 5.0 & tranny pulled from a converted Ranger, 5 lug conversion, paint under hood, smog equipment, oh yeah, 5.0 and t-5, shifter.

A car almost ready, but not = blue shifter balls.

info of my two prior mustangs, blue one is the 11 day 5.0 conversion (after an 11 month body restoration), and the red one recieved a 2.3L to 5.0 conversion in 4 weeks after the blue one rusted again.
http://modularfords.com/forums/must...ed-with-sand-info-of-first-mustang-73906.html
I'm particularly proud of spending several hundred hours wrenching on those two cars.

Best regards for you Mark on this weeks drama ... it works out when the time is right.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back