Open midpipe

Ticky_3v

Reaction score
Hey I’m currently running open mid pipe with the stock h pipe finished it last night and plan on getting an off road h. I was wondering would running an open midpipe cause and damage to the motor and would the carbon monoxide and fumes be to bad to drive around with traffic? (I know it will be loud)

lwarrior1016

Reaction score
Bad for the engine, no.

Exhaust fumes, maybe. That will depend heavily on your tune and your level of tolerance for smells. It won’t be much different than running dumps on an older car.

Ticky_3v

Reaction score
Bad for the engine, no.

Exhaust fumes, maybe. That will depend heavily on your tune and your level of tolerance for smells. It won’t be much different than running dumps on an older car.
So I’d be good to drive it around in traffic

Gladams

Reaction score
Why not just increase the size of the pipes to 3” out the back and no mufflers? It would still be loud and no fumes.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Before I got stupid with customizing my Mustang....

I had factory exhaust manifold and car-back, with the Pacesetter H-pipes. I loved that combo. Nice quite rumble that would roar on full throttle. Really wished I would have out the money into a clean silver sleeper over what I did

Current set-up is factory exhaust manifold, Pacesetter H-Pipes, and the Cervini side pipes. It's so obnoxious; it's bad ass. Just need cams to make it shake, rattle, and roll. Some day.

Reaction score
Sounds like you are meaning to just dump your exhaust right under the car? I'm confused as to what exactly you have going on under there. If your car is completely stock it's going to sound like garbage doing that. It sounds exactly like what you would expect a car with the exhaust cut off of it to sound. burble burble pop pop pop. I guess if you like that then ok, you do you but I would recommend that you save up some money and do a full system all at once.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back