Ordered my supercharger...whipple

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Well, I talked to Adam@ST for awhile today and after looking at what i'm doing with the car and some of the features like the dual GT500 pumps being included, I ended up ordering a Whipple. It was a tough choice between the whipple and the KB, but I think the whipple will work well for my street/strip needs. To me it seemed like more stuff was included with the whipple and that helped me go with the whipple over the KB. Hopefully next weekend i'll be doing an install. :rock:

Last edited:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you - condolances to your wallet - once you get that on, you can really start the modding:rock:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
LOL, not sure what a wallet is after that purchase. I feel like a 150lb guy that just got done serving 5-10 in the pen.:bonebh:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Kimmer... OR Condolences. Depending on how you look at it.
Honestly, as much as I enjoy my car, there truly are days that I wish I would have left the damn thing alone...

06GT_Vert

Still Stock
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Honestly, as much as I enjoy my car, there truly are days that I wish I would have left the damn thing alone...

Kimmer - Congrats..it only goes downhill from here!!

Doc - Amen, I wish the same..What a mess its turned into...

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score

My wife always tells me to leave stuff alone, but thats just not me. I've never owned a stock vehicle....ever. If its a truck, its lifted on 35's and cars are always built up. Hell, I have 13 grand in my yamaha rhino, 12 grand in my skidoo rev snowmobile, had a built 310R threewheeler that I sold, and now its begun on the S197....it's an addiction.:beerdrink:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting blown!

The Whipple's a great choice.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My wife always tells me to leave stuff alone, but thats just not me. I've never owned a stock vehicle....ever. If its a truck, its lifted on 35's and cars are always built up. Hell, I have 13 grand in my yamaha rhino, 12 grand in my skidoo rev snowmobile, had a built 310R threewheeler that I sold, and now its begun on the S197....it's an addiction.:beerdrink:
Just keep the nice tall, heavy rims - that will stop you from having enough traction to cause trouble...

Its when you start getting good traction that things get complicated...

H

hardcoremustangs

Great choice Kim!! Can't go wrong with a Whipple on your car. Did you get the I/C version with 10lb pulley? Let me know if I can be of assistance to you during your build.:bonebh:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I'm sure my car will be sitting at a stop light in pieces some day. I have a real gift for "TESTING" stuff out..:beat:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sure my car will be sitting at a stop light in pieces some day. I have a real gift for "TESTING" stuff out..:beat:
Parts tester FTW! (sorry I guess I am channeling VSOP again...)

Not to worry - it won't blow up at a stop light...

More like when you let off the gas at 90 after a nice long on-ramp...

Or if you want to be like don and put a metal potato in your exhaust pipe - that will do as well...

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, I/C 10lb setup. Can't wait! Got a certain Suburpoo STI i've been waiting to play with.:poke:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats on the whipple. you cant go wrong with it. you will love it

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Congrats Kim! Getting blown is a good thing! Just don't get greedy and keep the bottom end together.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your going to love the whipple. I was putting some more miles on the car late last night on the freeway, and this thing screams! Easily faster 60-100 then when I had the 150 shot! The car is so fun to drive now, your going to love it.:rock:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Parts tester FTW! (sorry I guess I am channeling VSOP again...)

Speaking of... anybody heard from VSOP recently? Is he okay? He was like a bad penny up until a week or so ago, and then he dropped off the face of the map...

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Good choice bro, they are sweet. I am still at the shop right now taking a break from installing one as I type lol. I should snap a shot for you to tease :victory:

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Its a mess right now..
100_4322.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back