Ordered my supercharger...whipple

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! I want one soooooo bad. :popcorneat: They look so factory it is not even funny.

Just not sure how fast I need the daily driver to go while I sit in traffic for most of the damn day here in NJ:tdown: .

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good choice, Kimmer! I know what you mean about not being able to leave your vehicles alone. My motorcycle is green with flames and bolt on goodies, my Avalanch has a ram air hood and intake, my 65 and 05 mustangs are deffently not stock.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
dang Greg you could probably install the whipples with your eyes closed now :-D You should call it RETW Racers Edge Tuning and Whipples ;-)

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Reaction score
awesome! Good choice, you will love it! Careful of LT's if you plan on that in the future. Mine is leaning out from it. Ive been trying to get a custom tune for it for a while. Noone has cracked the whipple tune yet to tweak it.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Congratualtions!! Mine has been delivered. I have some of the pieces out for poilsh and some for powdercoat. Ordered the flash tool from Ford today so with any luck next week should be done. Steve @ Tousley Ford was great to deal with and had an incredible price.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Hopefully i'll be wrenching on mine next weekend. I'm also putting some new wheels on next weekend too. If anyone is interested in some axis gtr's, let me know..lol.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Hopefully everything holds together till fall when I can pull the motor and slap some rods and maybe a crank in it. Whats the max boost you can run on 93 octane and what hp would that be?

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
If its intercooled 8-10lbs should last a while. It should make 450-480 rwhp :clap:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HTML:
Hopefully everything holds together till fall when I can pull the motor and slap some rods and maybe a crank in it. Whats the max boost you can run on 93 octane and what hp would that be?

12lbs on a conservative tune sounds about right. I'd think about leaving the stock pulley, if it's the HO kit, until you get closer to your money goal on the rotating assembly.

H

hardcoremustangs

I have my 2007 Convertible with a 12lb pullie and it's doing 483rwhp and 507 ft lbs torque. I recommend no more than that. :victory:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Whats the max boost you can run on 93 octane? Just wondering for after I beef up the lower end.

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
That will depend on how much timing you pull out of it and how consistent your fuel supply is... but 14 lbs is about all I would go on 93....and that would give you about 585...on a completely stock spec built engine...with good heads and cams...it is possible to see 735....

Kimmer, just turn up the wick....I have plenty of Teksids to build you a new one!!!!.....Just think how happy it will make your wife to see you playing with all those little parts out on the floor of the garage....

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
That will depend on how much timing you pull out of it and how consistent your fuel supply is... but 14 lbs is about all I would go on 93....and that would give you about 585...on a completely stock spec built engine...with good heads and cams...it is possible to see 735....

Kimmer, just turn up the wick....I have plenty of Teksids to build you a new one!!!!.....Just think how happy it will make your wife to see you playing with all those little parts out on the floor of the garage....

LOL, not sure how happy she would be if I blew it. So with a forged bottom end and good heads and cams, I might be able to see 735 at 14lbs of boost on 93 octane? If so, thats all I would ever need really. And is that 735 at the wheels?

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
no, thats 735 at the crank.....and that would depend on who is tuning it and how conservative you want them to be....and your wife is going to complain about something....you might as well get to pick the subject...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back