paint job cost

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
I want my entire car painted a different color - oxford white. Don't really care about the trunk or interior but do want the jams and engine bay repainted. Can't seem to find any sort of estimate for this kind of work. Want it blasted down, shave all the emblems and weld the holes yaddy ya. Does anybody know any good body shops in the okc area?

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
conservatively 4-6k. I had mine repainted mineral grey again and I was all in at about 4 grand. If you want a complete color change and body work tack on at least another grand.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
conservatively 4-6k. I had mine repainted mineral grey again and I was all in at about 4 grand. If you want a complete color change and body work tack on at least another grand.

Yea I'm thinking I may just wrap it and get the engine bay painted black. Just wondering what all would need to be done before wrapping as far as filling a few dents and getting holes welded up

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What you're talking about would probably take 50-80 hours labor. If the local labor for such work is $50/ hour you're looking at 2500-4000 in just labor. Figure 3000 for materials plus or minus a bit.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP,

I'm thinking to do it right ..........

$8,000 to $10,000 dollars.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^This. Cost me 12k but I had them pull everything off the car including glass, swap out spoiler, fill in holes, etc....

That is for sure what it cost to do it professionally !!!

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
If you are doing it right, and pull the glass, and all exterior pieces, tons of labor. 10K seems about right, more then half is labor.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Like I said it depends on the area but mine was $4K and they pulled the front and rear bumper covers, head and tail lights, rear spoiler, side glass, all the door weatherstripping, door panels, faux gas cap, side mirrors and rocker moldings. But they do a lot of insurance work and since mine was in for minor collision work (front bumper cover damaged) I just had them repaint the whole car. I am sure you can easily spend upwards of 10K for it but unless you are really in love with the car you are spending more then the car is worth.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Sobering thread, was toying with possibly doing some CF parts. Looks like if I do i'll be going wrap, or just won't do at all. Ouch

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
I'm cleaning the hell out of my engine bay right now but I've decided to just have the outside repainted the same color.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Sobering thread, was toying with possibly doing some CF parts. Looks like if I do i'll be going wrap, or just won't do at all. Ouch

Yea, when you want to change the color of the entire car, it gets expensive to do it right. When I did mine, I used the same red fire paint and added more metal fake and more pearl to get the look I wanted and still let the jambs and such blend. I had my buddy that owns a local paint and body shop let his guys do work on the side in my garage and when the car was ready for the paint booth we drank beer while his guy laid down the new color on a Sat. night and I paid his guy cash for the work. Then I did all the color sanding and buffing myself. Its a 10k paint job that cost me 2k. I did a lot of work though. I will NEVER color sand and buff again! That was like a 30 hr job!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be staying the same color, but replace enough panels front and back and suddenly you are repainting the entire car to try and blend it. maybe I can make rattle can primer the new trend?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back