Please help

mexicanmyks197

Reaction score
Iv Ben chasing this tapping sound for weeks it sounds like it's coming from the back of intake . When I put my hand on the charge motion actuator you can feel where the sound is coming from if that makes sense. Is that sound normal or is something going on with the charge motion system. I don't have no codes and seems to run fine but u can tell when they open under WOT like the car is hesitant to go until after 3k kinda like vtec in hondas is how the car feels

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
It's possible one of the charge motion control butterflies has loosened on the shaft. If you have a bore scope remove the intake tube/throttle body, pass the bore scope into the intake manifold, and inspect each charge motion control butterfly.
If my suspicion proves to be correct, you could use the opportunity to delete the shafts/butterflies altogether and convert your CMCV system into delete plates. You'd need a revised tune but you can then enjoy having a few extra HP. Take a look here:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
It's possible one of the charge motion control butterflies has loosened on the shaft. If you have a bore scope remove the intake tube/throttle body, pass the bore scope into the intake manifold, and inspect each charge motion control butterfly.
If my suspicion proves to be correct, you could use the opportunity to delete the shafts/butterflies altogether and convert your CMCV system into delete plates. You'd need a revised tune but you can then enjoy having a few extra HP. Take a look here:

This would be your first thought.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
If I wanted to leave it could I just replace that part specifically
Nope. You'd either have to delete them altogether (I did mine 10 years ago and never looked back) or buy a used OEM intake manifold with the assemblies in place. You could also either opt for the Ford Performance intake manifold (no charge motion control valves) or add a positive displacement supercharger.

mexicanmyks197

Reaction score
So I'm not sure what cam I have don't I need to know that to get a revised tune. Or can they just send a update to my existing one. I'm not sure how all that works if I was to go cmdp

Samos3

Reaction score
If you really are from Alton, I am in the STL area as well.
If the intake is the problem, I have two intakes. One is my old one with 200k, but perfectly fine and the other is off a 2010 with 8-10k.
Just intakes manifolds, no injectors/throttlebodies.

mexicanmyks197

Reaction score
It looks almost the same but shit 75$ wouldn't hurt to swoop up . Txt ur number my dude 6188189164

Samos3

Reaction score
The known differences are the change to all plastic ( at least thru part of 09 the cm plates were in the aluminum housings which were changed to plastic) and the big foam sound deafened on the bottom. And the 10 used longer mounting bolts, which I do believe I have.
They are supposed to interchange (I researched on this forum and others) and I still have both so you can compare them side by side.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back