Popular gauges for boosted applications.

stlsteph08

forum member
Reaction score
Add a Cobalt to the pillar, and move the Aeroforce to a vent pod left of the instrument cluster.

I tried that when I was test fitting them. The AEM has a thicker lip on the gauge and I didn't like how it fit in the Roush vent pods. It stuck out quite a bit.

Sarge1400

forum member
Reaction score
I tried that when I was test fitting them. The AEM has a thicker lip on the gauge and I didn't like how it fit in the Roush vent pods. It stuck out quite a bit.

Well thanks for the tip, sounds like your OCD is as bad as mine!

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I can't stand excess gauges - I know they can be valuable, but I think of the typical over-gauged import when I see 3-gauge pillars combined with 2-gauge dash setups etc. Just my personal preference.

That said, I run a boost gauge tucked into the A-pillar and a wideband in a Roush vent pod. I also scan the car periodically with LiveLink to monitor IATs, transmission fluid temp, knock sensor activity, and fuel trims.

At the very minimum, a boosted car should be scanning for IATs, knock sensor activity, and AFR on a somewhat regular basis, whether it's with scan gauges or a laptop. Just my opinion.

G.T

Reaction score
after years building different setups i found the aeroforce and other digital gauges cool.. but not as useful as a good old analog type gauge.

i personally prefer having 3 gauges (and i do on my own cars):

Boost/Vac (preferably something that can be set to flash/blink when boost exceeds a certain threshold.. which can warn you of things such as an intercooler failure or blocked exhaust system)
Fuel Pressure (you get used to having the needle within the normal range)
Wideband.. pretty obvious :)

personally i prefer keeping an eye (or the corner of my eye) on things that are more likely to indicate issues that you can resolve quickly

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
I've never been crazy about the look of digital gauges either. For all the cool stuff the Aeroforce does, it's visually very unappealing in my opinion. I have Autometer Cobalt boost/vac and fuel pressure gauges currently. Autometer now makes an analog wideband for those that like to keep thier gauges all the same style.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Z-pod with dual Aeroforce

a5u7yryz.jpg

That would be great if you had a lazy eye.. :crazy: Not to mention you would have to be "lucky enough" to have the right eye out of whack not the left.. if you had a jacked up left eye then you are really screwed.

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
I went with an SOS A-pillar 3 pod with AEM wideband, AEM vac/boost, and an Aeroforce. If I had it to do all over again, I might have done the dual Aeroforce and used their vac/boost sensor to an analog input instead of the dedicated gauge. The vac/boost is great for diagnostics, but I find myself looking at AFR or the various Aeroforce parameters (fuel press., IAT, coolant temp, fuel pump DC, etc.) and not at the vac/boost gauge normally. If I had that as a parameter that I could call up when needed but otherwise buried in the Aeroforce scans, it would have been more efficient.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back