QUESTION FOR TURBO OWNERS

MrBhp

Reaction score
I'm running a single turbo on my 2007 ShelbyGT. (4.6L3V) I wanted to keep my PCV system as in tact as possible. On the passenger valve cover I removed the hose and installed a small filter. On the driver's side I ran from the valve cover, through a catch can, through a check valve, into the intake manifold. The check valve allows a draw from the crankcase to the intake, but prevents positive pressure from entering the crankcase, via the valve cover. I'm once again replacing the check valve. It's allowing crankcase pressure, pushing the dipstick out a few inches. Also pushing vapor out of the filter on the passenger side. I need a check valve that will work more than a few thousand miles. Any suggestions? I would rather not ditch the PCV system. I live in Connecticut now, and I don't know any one I can bribe an inspection out of.

AHaze

Reaction score
I'm running a Vortech but the idea is the same.
I have the same setup as you on the driver's side and an open hose (5/16" maybe?) On the passenger side running back to the supercharger inlet. I'm thinking your small filter on the passenger's side is too restrictive and causes pressure to build in the crankcase under boost when the check valve on the driver's side is closed.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back