Replaced throttle body for bigger one now have throttle body codes and cam codes help?!

Bobbyboy

Reaction score
Before I installed the bigger throttle body had no problem with it but now that I have installed it keeps putting the car in to limp mode and constantly throwing cam codes for bank 2 kinda at a loss at this moment
Any help would be appreciated

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
A larger bore throttle body will require a retune. That should fix your problem.
That said, a larger bore throttle body will be of little benefit unless you either have a positive displacement supercharger or you've heavily breathed upon the engine with performance cams/intake manifold & ported heads.

Bobbyboy

Reaction score
A larger bore throttle body will require a retune. That should fix your problem.
That said, a larger bore throttle body will be of little benefit unless you either have a positive displacement supercharger or you've heavily breathed upon the engine with performance cams/intake manifold & ported heads.
Already have a tune for it’s not custom but it should be fine for I thought. It’s a SCT handheld tuner

07 Boss

Reaction score
What kind of cam codes? Kinda vague. Is it the sensor or sensor circuit or is the actually timing off like over retarded or advanced? Throttle body should have nothing to do with cam codes. You have a separate issue.

Bobbyboy

Reaction score
What kind of cam codes? Kinda vague. Is it the sensor or sensor circuit or is the actually timing off like over retarded or advanced? Throttle body should have nothing to do with cam codes. You have a separate issue.
P0345,p0349, and I didn’t have any of these code before I put the bigger one on

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Here's a helpful troubleshooting guide:

Those bank 2 (driver's side) cam position sensor codes can also be triggered by AC current leaking into the main engine harness from an alternator with one or more faulty diodes. You might want to perform an AC ripple test with a digital multimeter. There are plenty of YouTube videos describing the procedure.

07 Boss

Reaction score

Doesn't matter, those codes have nothing to do with the intake system and are unrelated to the TB. I would swap in a new alternator as that usually fixes those codes unless you have an actual cam timing issue. But before that check solenoid operation and maybe even data log to see if the phasers are working correctly.

Bobbyboy

Reaction score
Update found out my harness is bad keep having problems at idle with the TB and the cam had no power going to it I’m looking in too get another harness

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back