Roll Bar Powder Coat, or?

Autokyrios

Reaction score
I've once again reached that level of insanity where I have decided "Yes, now is the time to completely rebuild the car..."
(I accept consolation donations of cash and T/A for therapy.)

Since I'm doing this, I'm pulling out the 6pt roll bar and am going to get it painted (been hosed with T9 and left bare for years without issue, but why not if it's out right?).

I have access to a large powder coating oven and am going to check the dimensions on it and see if I can coat it myself (not my first time PC'ing).

Otherwise I might have it sent out to a shop.

My uncle also suggested epoxy.

Thoughts? (I have low patience for painting and want it to look good so rattle-can is right-out.)
In case it matters, I'm doing it in white, and probably something as glossy as possible.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Powder coating would be cool. If it fits in that oven I would do it.

Autokyrios

Reaction score
Have it painted and clear coated to match the body color. Makes it look like a clean install.
That's what I was thinking. I took some pics and played around in photoshop for colors and settled on white to match the exterior.
I no longer have a rear seat or side panels (though I may be putting those in during this rebuild).
Gonna have to get new clamps for the fire extinguisher and camera mount. Metal on metal probably won't be good. Maybe I can figure out a strip of rubber or something.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Yep. It from Maximum Motorsports. I documented the install on this sight back in 2021. It should pop up with a search if you are interested.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back