Self healing clear coat

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know. I saw it too, but I've never saw a car literally one minute after it was sprayed.

Too much thinner maybe outgassing. I noticed when this clear laid down the last time, he had to cut it fairly hard to get some of this out. Some of those little inclusions turned into little concave indentions. Could be that he isn't used to spraying it. Ive seen a lot of cars they have done, but never this result. Either way, there is plenty clear to work it out. It will be perfect when he's done or he will re-spray it.

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
That car is going to look SICK! I can't wait to see it finished.

Seriously Lana... call Kenny Loggins... cause your in the DANGER ZONE!!!!!!

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I don't know. I saw it too, but I've never saw a car literally one minute after it was sprayed.

Too much thinner maybe outgassing. I noticed when this clear laid down the last time, he had to cut it fairly hard to get some of this out. Some of those little inclusions turned into little concave indentions. Could be that he isn't used to spraying it. Ive seen a lot of cars they have done, but never this result. Either way, there is plenty clear to work it out. It will be perfect when he's done or he will re-spray it.
Yea, they are called solvent pops. Its where the thinner evaporates out of the clear. and "pops" up through it. Once he gets more clear on it and gets it cut and buffed it will be gone.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
There paint jobs are the best I've seen. Flawless.

Mine is the first he spayed with this clear. Said it lays down with 1 1/2 - 2 times more millage than normal. There is a lot to work with.

This is hard to polish if it sits long once cured and cut. He went straight to wool pads for polishing, foam wouldn't cut it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back