Service Manual Guides

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is design my future garage, which won't be massively large (lot not big enough). And I'm trying to see how I can include a 2-post lift, and the car, and tools, etc. within the space I have to work with. Although some of those dimensions are in the specs sheet I linked, I was hoping to confirm those with a schematic type drawing.

And yea, I know a tape measure would work, but that anal rententive engineer side of me is looking for more precision (which really isn't necessary). I was just hoping that a readily available schematic existed. If not, no biggie... I can do this the old-fashioned way.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is design my future garage, which won't be massively large (lot not big enough). And I'm trying to see how I can include a 2-post lift, and the car, and tools, etc. within the space I have to work with. Although some of those dimensions are in the specs sheet I linked, I was hoping to confirm those with a schematic type drawing.

And yea, I know a tape measure would work, but that anal rententive engineer side of me is looking for more precision (which really isn't necessary). I was just hoping that a readily available schematic existed. If not, no biggie... I can do this the old-fashioned way.
On that front keep in mind that lift stats are a little "fuzzy" - they have safety catches every few inches which mean that yeah you can lift it up 44", but when you drop it back down on the safety latch, its only 43.1" (depends on the lift of course, but food for thought - I went through this making sure I could fit my exploder under my lift... Answer - just barely...

p.s. come to think of it, I think I did find the data you are looking for when I did that search - for the exploder, the 85 and even the S197 - let me see if I saved it????

Last edited:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a PDF that shows an overall diagram of the whole car with various external dimensions? i.e., length, width, height, wheel base, track width, etc. I already have a spec sheet (see page 22 of link), but I am looking for something with a sketch and dimensions. TIA.

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10330/2005_ford_mustang_specs.pdf

This seems to have a generic sketch on page 28 with parameters on adjacent pages...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/pdf/2005mustang_specs.pdf

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
On that front keep in mind that lift stats are a little "fuzzy" - they have safety catches every few inches which mean that yeah you can lift it up 44", but when you drop it back down on the safety latch, its only 43.1" (depends on the lift of course, but food for thought - I went through this making sure I could fit my exploder under my lift... Answer - just barely...
As far as the lifts go, I'm planning on a 12' ceiling, so that should be fine (at least based on the overall dimensions of the lifts I've looked at). I'm not sure what the "drive under" height would be. That's something I need to check out. But I do know they have a lift capacity of 72".

I also have to account for the garage door when its open so that it doesn't cause any interference with a raised car. The width/length is where it gets tricky. I need to be able to get the car in there, open both doors, and still have room to move around everything.

I wish my lot was 20' wider... <sigh>

This seems to have a generic sketch on page 28 with parameters on adjacent pages...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/pdf/2005mustang_specs.pdf
Yea, I saw that, but I was hoping for separate corroboration.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also have to account for the garage door when its open so that it doesn't cause any interference with a raised car. The width/length is where it gets tricky. I need to be able to get the car in there, open both doors, and still have room to move around everything.
Yeah, same issues - though I had more height to work with - garage is really tall - though the original doors were "standard height" tracks - I had to hunt down garage door hardware and make one much taller... Never did "finish" that project, still a "manual" door...

don_w said:
I wish my lot was 20' wider... <sigh>
Dig down?

Oh, for 2 posters, you have more requirements on concrete strength... That and your tires will sag down so that will make the drive under height a little trickier...

I went with a 4 post lift so that I can store a car up there during the winter - this particular winter there was less storage and more car stuck on lift, but next year should be a little less eventfull...

The diagram and tape measure should be more than sufficient - quit yer bitchin and add 2 inches of fudge everywhere (don't forget your antenna if you still have the stock one, I have to take that off sometimes or it hits a protrusion on the roof (beam for room above garage) when I really want the car up in the air.

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
Informational/Reference Cutaways...

engine.jpg

susp.jpg

backsusp.jpg

cutaway.jpg

0914-30-1.jpg

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice pics!

I had to look closely at those pics to see which stock parts are still on my car. Not too many. haha

I was kind of thinking the same thing.. none of my parts look like that!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its been proven people actually dont ever see the stickys. lol We tested this on the local board. Most people click New Posts and dont go into the Topic.

Plus, I want a check mark in this thread so I can find it easier

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PDF to remove the whole dash, all instruments are already out, I just want the PDF to remove the whole dash now. Thanks

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back