Short shifter

Bingus_3V

Reaction score
Do the 2002 mustang gt short shifters fit the 2006 mustang gt trans, I ask because I found one in a junkyard and I brought it with me but I don’t want to do all the work to find out it doesn’t fit.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
No, the linkage is different because the location of the shifter is different between the Fox body and the S197.

Windy_3V

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. While the transmissions for the new edge and 3 valve mustangs are basically the same, (TR3650) the new edge has a remote style shifter while the 3 valve has a top loading (direct mount) shifter.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I think you have this mixed up.

Fox 79-93 turret style top mounted shifter.

SN95 94-98 & New Edge 99-04 turret style top mounted shifter.

S197 05-10 & 11-14 remote mounted rail shifter.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
the new edge has a remote style shifter while the 3 valve has a top loading (direct mount) shifter.
It's the other way round. All S197 GTs have a remote mount shifter.

Do the 2002 mustang gt short shifters fit the 2006 mustang gt trans, I ask because I found one in a junkyard and I brought it with me but I don’t want to do all the work to find out it doesn’t fit.
I'm afraid not.
Since you're looking for a short throw shifter, I can definitely recommend the Barton. Its a very high quality piece. The MGW is also very good but it's noticeably more notchy.

Windy_3V

Reaction score
It's the other way round. All S197 GTs have a remote mount shifter.

I'm afraid not.
Since you're looking for a short throw shifter, I can definitely recommend the Barton. Its a very high quality piece. The MGW is also very good but it's noticeably more notchy.
Whoops I guess I flipped it around that makes more sense now that I think about it lol! I recommend the MGW short throw for a few reasons. It’s a little cheaper than the Barton and the throw is adjustable so if you don’t like the shifter to be too notchy, you can adjust the throw a little longer to your liking. I switched from a Hurst to the MGW and it made a world of difference.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back