Sputtering/hesitation

Ticky_3v

Reaction score
Sputtering/Hesitation

I have a 05 mustang gt 107k miles and recently when I start my car it'll sputter during idle it also does this when trying to accelerate for example I could be cruising and accelerate from 60 to 65 or even downshift and floor it the car will hesitate and sound almost like a wot box if I stay in it it'll clear up and go but sometimes it will barely clear up. I'm thinking of starting with replacing my fuel filter and injectors along with spark plugs, any advice would be helpful. (I try to upload a video later after work)

GriffX

Reaction score
Read out error codes first. And, I bet it is not the fuel filter. A clogged filter would make problems on high fuel demand first and not at idle.

Last edited:

JC SSP

Reaction score
Before changing anything start with a code reader. No codes, Then do a the basic maintenance…

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Always scan first. Even if there is no check engine light on. Not being on does not indicate there are no stored codes. You can surely replace plugs (verify gap) and the fuel filter. There is no reason to REPLACE injectors. Just get them cleaned.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back