The "BIG NITROUS" build

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
still waiting on pistons to arrive, did order a set of .020 over 3.572 bore stainless rings from mod max the tfs lower crank sprockets, and the tfs-15410-24 valve spring set. Now we play the waiting game

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna start removing the engine tomorrow night hopefully have it torn down by sat evening. Pics to come

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
a little behind on engine removal but did get some parts in .....

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Any plans on ignition upgrades? I'm torn on what to do with mine. It will be seeing 300+ and I'm skeptical about being able to light it. Lot of nitrous and fuel in the cylinders

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Any plans on ignition upgrades? I'm torn on what to do with mine. It will be seeing 300+ and I'm skeptical about being able to light it. Lot of nitrous and fuel in the cylinders

I was under the impression that the oem ign system was great?

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
What shot we you spraying when it let go? Were you using direct port or a plate system? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a kit here soon. How are you gonna run the spray on the new motor. What size injectors you gonna run.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
What shot we you spraying when it let go? 150 shot Were you using direct port or a plate system?single nozzle I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a kit here soon. How are you gonna run the spray on the new motor.on the single nozzle to start with(more fuel of course) then fogger longterm What size injectors you gonna run. coyote 32lb

answeres in quote. the stock motor accident was my fault. continually running the stock fuel pump at max dc weakens it. It cost me an engine.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
well made some more progress............. the head, combustion chamber and the valves are all ok. I have no idea where the missing piece of piston is

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
After conversing with people much more knowledgeable with forced induction engines the conclusion is the engine did not detonate. No other pistons were hurt and even the top of #6 shows no signs of detonation. The root cause seems to be the ring end gap on the stock rings was too tight. Measuring one inch down from deck, squared with a piston, I came up with .017 gap on the top ring of the hurt cyl. Upon inspection of the ring, there is evidence supporting the top ring butted together/ overlapped and caused the failure.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Where you located at? I'm in colorado so elevation kills my times lol. Did you make that spreader for the engine, it's a pretty cool set up. Looking forward to seeing this finished. I just ordered my kit yesterday. What gap where you running on your plugs?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back