Trunk Liner- 2005

Mixer99

Reaction score
Hi folks...my '05 didn't have the trunk liner installed when I got it, and I am now getting around to putting it back in. Can someone show me a pic or two of it fully installed and tell me what bolts/fasteners I need to do it right? Thanks!

Autokyrios

Reaction score
You mean the side felts? From what I remember, it's just a bolt and a plastic push pin on each side. The rear section is held in place by the trunk rear trim panel, there's a bolt on each side just below the trunk lid hinges, and a push pin holding the front part. I'd have to go find my originals but there may be another plastic push pin now that I think of it.
If you have/had the Shaker 1000 system, the passenger side will be different but the shaker system holds part of it in place.

Autokyrios

Reaction score
Found my old side felts. There's a hole that fits over one of the tail light housing studs and gets its own nut, then the side bolt, and that's it. No other holes.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Mixer, make sure your tire bolt has the black top on it. If, not the bolt will drill a hole through the particle board and through your cover. I caught mine before it got past the particle board. Because the bolt had gone through the particle board the black cap now went through the hole so I added a lid off a spray paint can. It now was twice the size of a silver dollar and didn't go through the hole.

Trunk noise.jpg

Autokyrios

Reaction score
Huh...Totally forgot what the spare and kit looked like.
The protector cap will poke itself through, too. The factory trunk board is typical automotive "wood" and doesn't hold up well. After mine started popping through I remember taping a little spot of sheet metal on the bottom. I would guess that would end all concerns but can't say as I ended up gutting out my trunk not long after.

Spence340

Reaction score
Yes, mine had a hole in it too because someone didn’t put the black cap on the bolt end. I used a 4”X4” piece of thin plywood and glued it on to the bottom of the particle board liner to fix the problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back