Warning To All!! Mmr Over Bores On All Engines!!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
As many of you know I have rebuilt my engine recently due to tuning issues and exhaust leak and wanted to fix 2 cylinders, while th others were ok. Once the tear down was done we found out the NEW built MMR block(7K miles of use) that I was using was over bored 30K over already. I'm not an engine builder but from the studs here and my current shop they told me that was BS and it was not recommended to bored it out more to save the block(as planned).

Being as I paid extra for a new alum block in the beginning to MMR and now I had to buy another I decided to call them to find out why. I called and they wanted invoice #. No problem.. I gave them that and waited.. days go by.. no calls.. so I call them again. I get Chris (Manager) again and tells me they are on a new system and need more time. Also he refused to connect me to Mark (owner) different times when I called. I wait another few days. Meanwhile my new shop wants to know what going on since my car is taking their rack. So I Called back and got Chris and told him straight out if they are going to do anything to try to resolve this. HE told me that ALL blocks are bored 30K over due to rust and they have ran cars with 50K over without an issue. Seeing that he didnt give a shit I ordered a new block and sent it to the new shop. Later I called BAR ( Burl of Automotive repair). They told me they should be able to help me and to fill out the form. After 2 weeks I heard from someone that they were on my case. They called all the contacts and verified everything. Finally the guy told me he was going to go to MMR and pay them a visit and see if he could work something out. When he got back he told me the first thing out of their mouths were "YOUR OUT OF JURISDICTION". He also told me that they confirmed about all block being 30K over because MMR didn't trust some part thats ford uses on the block?!?! So MMR bores the new blocks to put their own sleeves or something on. Also, they told him they have blocks with 150K over bore running!!! The guy from BAR told me he didnt have any power to do anything more and that I shouldn't have expected a new block NOT TO BE BORD 30K OVER!!! SO basically they let me hanging too... nice :tdown:

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
nothing good

With all the bad posts on this company, why are they still in business? I almost went with them for a short block, but am so glad PMP talked me into Livernios! Sorry to see this happing to you! Good luck

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
An even more intriguing question would have been.. with all the bad posts about these guys why did Ted do business with them then act surprised when everyone kept telling him I told you so.

Regardless, it sucks for him and I hope he gets it straightened out.

lostsoul

Reaction score
It has gotten straighten out.. I got Fucked over.. simple and straight.. The purpose of this post was not just just chew MMR for a F'k up, but to warn everyone over a current practice they are using at MMR. This needs to be spread out all over the Forums for people that do have their engines and those thinking of buying. When I had the engine running it was a good engine. BUT if you plan to re-fesh it or ever have issues where you need to bore a little out.. then you are most likely f'ked. Or you can run on a 150K over bored engine like them :wtf:

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
I would be on the phone with there local BBB and filing a complaint. That's BS unless it is posted somewhere that they do that I would be pissed as well.

I new block as rust? What the hell kind of blocks are they buying?

Last edited:

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
If its an aluminum block they are really smoking something as it can have surface oxidation but it will not rust. All it takes is a little surface scrub to clean it up. .10 I can understand when building a high HP engine as you can then control the hone and surface to Blueprint a setup.

Sounds to me like they either are full of shit about buying a new block for your setup or they just stock .30 pistons on the shelf so they just like to use up stock.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know of a MMR block that was sitting in Adams shop when I was down there. It had a piece of the cylinder wall right near the top missing:tdown: That customer was fucked as well. He paid for a whole new set up and got nothing from MMR.

STAY AWAY FROM MMR!!!!!:thumb:

bad06gt

Reaction score
Not the first time i've seen someone f**ked by MMR. Theres TONS of bad rep on modularfords about them, and it's enough for me to not even look at there BS ads on the corral classifieds.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I am just being an anal engineer... that's 0.030 inch aka thirty thousands of an inch overbore and not 30K. I assume everyone reading this knows what is being discussed, it's just that I have never seen it written as "30K" before.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I think everyone understand me. I have been dumbing down forums for years ;-)

lostsoul

Reaction score
I though about that and did use my visa, but...

1) I bought it 2 years ago but drove only once in awhile

2) they did give me a working engine and didn't want to take all the money back

3) if money was taken back there would be a chance of a lawsuit started. Stupid me wanted to take care of this nicely :-(

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Lostsoul, you should post ur bad experience over at Corral.net cause they are a big vendor over there. I'm only replying here cause they did something similiar to a good friend of mine.

lostsoul

Reaction score
thanks. I might do that. I can't save myself but maybe others.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I love their website.. 100% good comments from ebay.. haha.. anyway, I got other issues to focus on.. why am I running 13psi on my procharger and only seeing 470 rwhp??? now I have to change my sig back to puss level :thud:

Back